Problem Fax setting and Fax Account

Alvis

Problem Fax setting and Fax Account
I am Having trouble in adding Fax account in windows vista Fax and Scan.
After choosing a modem name in Fax Setup window the moment I click next I get
an error message "an error occurred. Please try the operation later or
contact your administrator". I have an internal fax modem, its
working fine. I mean I am able to connect to the net and all.
And another problem is when i click Fax Setting from the TOOL menu, there
are no response.

Please guide me how to solve the above problem . . . thanks . . . urgent . . .
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Problem Fax setting and Fax Account
Verify that you have a fax modem that is on the Vista's Hardware
Compatibility List.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Alvis" <Alvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am Having trouble in adding Fax account in windows vista Fax and Scan.
> After choosing a modem name in Fax Setup window the moment I click next I
> get
> an error message "an error occurred. Please try the operation later or
> contact your administrator". I have an internal fax modem, its
> working fine. I mean I am able to connect to the net and all.
> And another problem is when i click Fax Setting from the TOOL menu, there
> are no response.
>
> Please guide me how to solve the above problem . . . thanks . . . urgent .
> . .

Alvis

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Verify that you have a fax modem that is on the Vista's Hardware
> Compatibility List.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alvis" <Alvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am Having trouble in adding Fax account in windows vista Fax and Scan.
> > After choosing a modem name in Fax Setup window the moment I click next I
> > get
> > an error message "an error occurred. Please try the operation later or
> > contact your administrator". I have an internal fax modem, its
> > working fine. I mean I am able to connect to the net and all.
> > And another problem is when i click Fax Setting from the TOOL menu, there
> > are no response.
> >
> > Please guide me how to solve the above problem . . . thanks . . . urgent .
> > . .

Yes . . . i have a fax modem that is on the Vista's Hardware Compatibility
List.
Every thing is fine before i change the printer currently i using HP4100
printer, before that is canon MP160 printer
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Problem Fax setting and Fax Account
Rather important information you now post. Care to tell us the rest? Is this
an all-in-one printer? You appear to have identified where the problem is.
Have you asked HP?