Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2007
Rednut05
 

Posts: n/a
Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64

Now I'm 90% sure that this is a no go, but I'd like to rack the brains
of you Vistax64.com people before I totally give up.

The print server - Linksys PSUS4.

The operating system - Vista 64.

Now Linksys haven't officially made this compatible with Vista 64, but
is there anyway around this. The drivers and firmware were last updated
back in 03/04 and obviously Vista is new since then.

I had set the print server up to work, as I did it when we had a XP
laptop. We now have a Vista 32 laptop and a Vista 64 desktop.

I can install the software but when it comes to pairing the 64 OS with
the printer via the software. I hit a dead end.

I would have thought that it was simply the computer sending a message
to the printer server via the wired network and then on to the printer
and then back.

Any hope on this or should I find the original box for it?

David


--
Rednut05
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2007
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64
if the print server supports LPD use Standard TCP/IP Port in LPR mode. If
the print server supports netbios over IP create a Local Port in the
\\printservername\printsharename (net view \\printserver should list the
print share name).



--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Rednut05" <Rednut05.2zcdp3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news:Rednut05.2zcdp3@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> Now I'm 90% sure that this is a no go, but I'd like to rack the brains
> of you Vistax64.com people before I totally give up.
>
> The print server - Linksys PSUS4.
>
> The operating system - Vista 64.
>
> Now Linksys haven't officially made this compatible with Vista 64, but
> is there anyway around this. The drivers and firmware were last updated
> back in 03/04 and obviously Vista is new since then.
>
> I had set the print server up to work, as I did it when we had a XP
> laptop. We now have a Vista 32 laptop and a Vista 64 desktop.
>
> I can install the software but when it comes to pairing the 64 OS with
> the printer via the software. I hit a dead end.
>
> I would have thought that it was simply the computer sending a message
> to the printer server via the wired network and then on to the printer
> and then back.
>
> Any hope on this or should I find the original box for it?
>
> David
>
>
> --
> Rednut05



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2007
Rednut05
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64

Now i'm not 100% with what you mean but I'll try to explain a little
more.

Firstly the printer works via straight USB connection. Thought I'd get
that out the way.

I went Control Panel/ Printers, Add a printer, Add a network, wireless
or bluetooth printer.

This then searches for available printers and finds my Epson printer
(P1 on Linksys Printse, \\Linksys printse\P1).

Upon selecting this, I get told that it's connecting and then the
following message "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Make sure you
have typed the name correctly, and that the printer is connected to the
network".

I have installed any software from Linksys on this current OS
installation as I redid the OS about 2 weeks ago.
I've just connected the printer via USB to the Print server, the Print
server via ethernet to the Router (Netgear) and the router to this
computer via hard wire. Then I turned the print server and the printer
on and went about trying to add the printer manually as above.


--
Rednut05
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2007
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64
You need to add this as a local printer using a Local Port with the name
\\Linksys printse\P1

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Rednut05" <Rednut05.2zchv6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news:Rednut05.2zchv6@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> Now i'm not 100% with what you mean but I'll try to explain a little
> more.
>
> Firstly the printer works via straight USB connection. Thought I'd get
> that out the way.
>
> I went Control Panel/ Printers, Add a printer, Add a network, wireless
> or bluetooth printer.
>
> This then searches for available printers and finds my Epson printer
> (P1 on Linksys Printse, \\Linksys printse\P1).
>
> Upon selecting this, I get told that it's connecting and then the
> following message "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Make sure you
> have typed the name correctly, and that the printer is connected to the
> network".
>
> I have installed any software from Linksys on this current OS
> installation as I redid the OS about 2 weeks ago.
> I've just connected the printer via USB to the Print server, the Print
> server via ethernet to the Router (Netgear) and the router to this
> computer via hard wire. Then I turned the print server and the printer
> on and went about trying to add the printer manually as above.
>
>
> --
> Rednut05



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2007
Bob Tennent
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64
I have a similar problem with a Prolink PUN2300 print server. I have tried
the LPR solution, but it wants a queue name. How do I find the queue name?

I tried 'Que', and it happily said it was printing, the job disappeared
from the printer window, but didn't print.

Bob

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
news:#q$eA2BHIHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> if the print server supports LPD use Standard TCP/IP Port in LPR mode.
> If the print server supports netbios over IP create a Local Port in
> the \\printservername\printsharename (net view \\printserver should
> list the print share name).
>
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2007
Rednut05
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64

'Alan Morris [MSFT Wrote:
> ;502087']You need to add this as a local printer using a Local Port with
> the name
> \\Linksys printse\P1


I'm lost.

You're a lot better with computers than me!


--
Rednut05
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2007
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64
The queue name will be referenced in the documentation for the device.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Bob Tennent" <bobtennent@citylink.com.kh> wrote in message
news:Xns99DD563B11B44bobtennentcitylink@207.46.248 .16...
>I have a similar problem with a Prolink PUN2300 print server. I have tried
> the LPR solution, but it wants a queue name. How do I find the queue name?
>
> I tried 'Que', and it happily said it was printing, the job disappeared
> from the printer window, but didn't print.
>
> Bob
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
> news:#q$eA2BHIHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:
>
>> if the print server supports LPD use Standard TCP/IP Port in LPR mode.
>> If the print server supports netbios over IP create a Local Port in
>> the \\printservername\printsharename (net view \\printserver should
>> list the print share name).
>>
>>
>>

>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2007
Martin S.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64
Go to the printer control panel and add printer, select add local printer,
create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port,
click next, type in the print server ip address, uncheck query the printer,
on the next screen check custom and select settings, check lpr and enter the
queue name which seems to be P1, click next and proceed as normal to select
your printer.



"Rednut05" <Rednut05.2zge59@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news:Rednut05.2zge59@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> 'Alan Morris [MSFT Wrote:
>> ;502087']You need to add this as a local printer using a Local Port with
>> the name
>> \\Linksys printse\P1

>
> I'm lost.
>
> You're a lot better with computers than me!
>
>
> --
> Rednut05


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2007
Rednut05
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64

Thanks Martin and Alan. What hassle that was to get going.

I now have it printing on a Vista 64 machine and a Vista 32 machine.
Cheers


--
Rednut05
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2007
Bob Tennent
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64
Thanks also from me! I finally have it working!

More Cheers



Rednut05 <Rednut05.2zleoz@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in
news:Rednut05.2zleoz@no-mx.forums.net:

>
> Thanks Martin and Alan. What hassle that was to get going.
>
> I now have it printing on a Vista 64 machine and a Vista 32 machine.
> Cheers
>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista and Linksys mclghln microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 09-19-2007 21:15
Vista and Linksys Router radink microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 04-24-2007 17:36
Linksys Routers and Vista Problems Bob microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 04-19-2007 10:36
Linksys BEFSR41 and Vista =?Utf-8?B?U2hhd24gTQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 02-17-2007 17:45
Linksys WRT54G with Vista =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNCYW5rczAw?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 01-25-2007 21:58




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:32.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120