cannot see printers of a w2003 printserver on the vista printmgmt

darkmuetz

cannot see printers of a w2003 printserver on the vista printmgmt
Hi
I am working in a AD 2003. I added a Vista Enterprise Client to the Domain.
Now i am testing the printmanagement Interface and have some question.
I could add all printserver located in my site and when i am expanding the
servers i can see and export all drivers and ports associated. But i cannot
see any printers installed under the printer view.
I also see that if i create a filter, it only applies to the local printers.

It seems to me that filters and printer view only applies to local attached
printers, is this wright and does somebody have a good article witch describs
this. Thank's for updating a newbies.

kind regards
--
Eric Dee
welcome to dmz
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: cannot see printers of a w2003 printserver on the vista printmgmt
It sounds like the firewall is blocking the data from the server. If you
are using the Windows firewall be sure to enable the File and Printer
sharing ports and they need to be scoped for All computers on the network.

Also verify that anonymous authentication is enabled on the client. The
Windows 2000 and 2003 print servers will talk to Vista making a connection
to the Vista machine as printservername$

Once the print servers can connect to the client machine anonymously, the
filters pertaining to the printers shared on the server can populate the
filters.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"darkmuetz" <darkmuetz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am working in a AD 2003. I added a Vista Enterprise Client to the
> Domain.
> Now i am testing the printmanagement Interface and have some question.
> I could add all printserver located in my site and when i am expanding the
> servers i can see and export all drivers and ports associated. But i
> cannot
> see any printers installed under the printer view.
> I also see that if i create a filter, it only applies to the local
> printers.
>
> It seems to me that filters and printer view only applies to local
> attached
> printers, is this wright and does somebody have a good article witch
> describs
> this. Thank's for updating a newbies.
>
> kind regards
> --
> Eric Dee
> welcome to dmz

darkmuetz

Re: cannot see printers of a w2003 printserver on the vista printm
Hello Alan

Thanks for your reply. I have suspected this allready and i turned the
Firewall off for the domain profile. But i still cant see the printers. I can
see all drivers and ports on each of my printservers and the printers
associated to the ports, but no printers under printer/view and no
possibility to applie filters. How can i enable anonymous access? Do you mean
in the Local Security Policy? could not find any tips in help. I only now
this setting in IIS.
--
Eric Dee
welcome to dmz