I cant Install my 1018 HP printer

ford666

I cant Install my 1018 HP printer

hi. I bought hp 1018 laser printer but i cant install it in my coputer.
i went to HP website and i downloaded software of widowes vista for the
printer But also i cant . coz windows cant find the printer. This
problem happened with my friend also. we are using windows vista. The
printer is working with Windows XP.

Can any one help me please..

Thanks

--
ford666
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: I cant Install my 1018 HP printer
Did you ensure that you installed the Vista drivers which you obtained from
the HP Support site BEFORE connecting the printer to your computer? Did you
follow the instructions EXACTLY as shown in the instructions?

--
Mike Hall - MVP
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"ford666" <ford666.2z7ip4@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> hi. I bought hp 1018 laser printer but i cant install it in my coputer.
> i went to HP website and i downloaded software of widowes vista for the
> printer But also i cant . coz windows cant find the printer. This
> problem happened with my friend also. we are using windows vista. The
> printer is working with Windows XP.
>
> Can any one help me please..
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> ford666

ford666

Re: I cant Install my 1018 HP printer

Hi Mike. Yes, i did. i downloaded the vista driver then when i installed
the driver it told me to connect the printer. but the installiation cant
find the printer. i dont no why?

Now i have another problem. The mouse doesnt work . Yesterday it works.
but now it doesnt.

I feel bad

thanks

--
ford666
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: I cant Install my 1018 HP printer
Reboot the system then uninstall anything printer and start over. Also
ensure that all updates are installed. Do NOT use the installation CD
supplied with the printer..

--

"ford666" <ford666.2z7xa3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Hi Mike. Yes, i did. i downloaded the vista driver then when i installed
> the driver it told me to connect the printer. but the installiation cant
> find the printer. i dont no why?
>
> Now i have another problem. The mouse doesnt work . Yesterday it works.
> but now it doesnt.
>
> I feel bad
>
> thanks
>

> --
> ford666

ford666

Re: I cant Install my 1018 HP printer

hi mike.
finally i installed the printer successfully but can`t print. Should i
change the port type or what can i do. Coz the XP have driver called usb
but in vista i didnt see usb from the choices

Thanks

--
ford666
huwyngr

In article <ford666.2z9qkb@no-mx.forums.net>, Ford666 wrote:

> but in vista i didnt see usb from the choices

See anything like DOT4..... ?