Internet Printing

lasernat

Internet Printing
Maybe this does not work the way I think and someone can help me out with
this please. I have a linksys router and printserver at work with 2 printers
attached to it. I want to print from my vista laptop over the internet to one
of the printers and for the life of me can not figure out how to get it
working. Any and all help appreciated. Thank you.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Internet Printing
Add Printer
Network Printer
The printer that I want isn't listed
Select a shared printer by name
http://computername/printer/printername/.printer (this string will be
specific to you're device).

The computer would need to be visible from the internet for this to work.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"lasernat" <lasernat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Maybe this does not work the way I think and someone can help me out with
> this please. I have a linksys router and printserver at work with 2
> printers
> attached to it. I want to print from my vista laptop over the internet to
> one
> of the printers and for the life of me can not figure out how to get it
> working. Any and all help appreciated. Thank you.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Internet Printing
the "print server" would nee to be visible from the internet.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"lasernat" <lasernat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Maybe this does not work the way I think and someone can help me out with
> this please. I have a linksys router and printserver at work with 2
> printers
> attached to it. I want to print from my vista laptop over the internet to
> one
> of the printers and for the life of me can not figure out how to get it
> working. Any and all help appreciated. Thank you.

lasernat

Re: Internet Printing
Hello and thank you for responding to internet printing, actually I know I
could accomplish this task by sharing through a computer but I do not want to
do it that way and am looking for a direct way through the print server
itself. Maybe it can not be done the way I want. Thank you.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Add Printer
> Network Printer
> The printer that I want isn't listed
> Select a shared printer by name
> http://computername/printer/printername/.printer (this string will be
> specific to you're device).
>

> The computer would need to be visible from the internet for this to work.
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "lasernat" <lasernat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Maybe this does not work the way I think and someone can help me out with
> > this please. I have a linksys router and printserver at work with 2
> > printers
> > attached to it. I want to print from my vista laptop over the internet to
> > one
> > of the printers and for the life of me can not figure out how to get it
> > working. Any and all help appreciated. Thank you.

lasernat

Re: Internet Printing
Is this a direct method to the print server without using a computer? I tried
to make it visible but this did not work either.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> the "print server" would nee to be visible from the internet.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "lasernat" <lasernat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Maybe this does not work the way I think and someone can help me out with
> > this please. I have a linksys router and printserver at work with 2
> > printers
> > attached to it. I want to print from my vista laptop over the internet to
> > one
> > of the printers and for the life of me can not figure out how to get it
> > working. Any and all help appreciated. Thank you.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Internet Printing
Yes you would need to place the print server some place where another
machine on the internet can ping the device. I do not know how to
accomplish this task.