Printer no showin device manager

Yours Thankfully

Printer no showin device manager
Hi,

My LaserJet 1320 used to work on Vista Home Premium, but no more.
It doesn't show up in the device manager, but has 4 drivers installed when I
select Properties in the Printer folder.
I want to uninstall the drivers and do a clean install. I hope this will get
it going again.
Can you help me?
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printer no showin device manager
None of my printers have ever shown up in Device Manager. However they do
all work.

I'd suggest you uninstall and then reinstall the printer.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Yours Thankfully" <YoursThankfully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:5AFD715C-23AE-47F3-B6AA-D3A81D4C5FCC@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> My LaserJet 1320 used to work on Vista Home Premium, but no more.
> It doesn't show up in the device manager, but has 4 drivers installed when
> select Properties in the Printer folder.
> I want to uninstall the drivers and do a clean install. I hope this will
> get
> it going again.
> Can you help me?

Yours Thankfully

Re: Printer no showin device manager
I have removed the printer several times; the drivers remain and the printer
doesn't print.

Do you have any other suggestions?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> None of my printers have ever shown up in Device Manager. However they do
> all work.
>
> I'd suggest you uninstall and then reinstall the printer.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Yours Thankfully" <YoursThankfully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:5AFD715C-23AE-47F3-B6AA-D3A81D4C5FCC@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > My LaserJet 1320 used to work on Vista Home Premium, but no more.
> > It doesn't show up in the device manager, but has 4 drivers installed when
> > select Properties in the Printer folder.
> > I want to uninstall the drivers and do a clean install. I hope this will
> > get
> > it going again.
> > Can you help me?

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer no showin device manager
Cari Cari

PnP printers will show up but you have to display the "hidden" devices. I
don't know the reason why the PnP team wanted to hide these but they are.

Non PnP printers, network connections, printers added with Add Printer
Wizard, are not listed.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team