Shared Fax/Scan Folders on server??

Jeffrey

Shared Fax/Scan Folders on server??
I have 3 PCs running Vista Ultimate in my very small office. 1 as a file
"server" and the other 2 as client PCs. The "server" PC has no user, just
there to host files and printers.

I have a modem connected to the server PC and was wondering if I could set
up my small network so that the 2 client machines can share and use the
server folder store for Fax & Scan.

I have my server PC setup to receive all faxes. I was hoping to be able to
"see" these incoming faxes from my two client PCs.

Also, is there a way to set it up that the two clients can FAX through my
server? I have file sharing all setup and mapped drives for what I need.
Just wondering on how to possible get this scenario to work, if at all...?

Thank you for any input!

Jeff

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Shared Fax/Scan Folders on server??
So you are attempting to use the WFS client as a server? I think you know
the answer to that.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Jeffrey" <news.mail@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have 3 PCs running Vista Ultimate in my very small office. 1 as a file
>"server" and the other 2 as client PCs. The "server" PC has no user, just
>there to host files and printers.
>
> I have a modem connected to the server PC and was wondering if I could set
> up my small network so that the 2 client machines can share and use the
> server folder store for Fax & Scan.
>
> I have my server PC setup to receive all faxes. I was hoping to be able to
> "see" these incoming faxes from my two client PCs.
>
> Also, is there a way to set it up that the two clients can FAX through my
> server? I have file sharing all setup and mapped drives for what I need.
> Just wondering on how to possible get this scenario to work, if at all...?
>
> Thank you for any input!
>
> Jeff

Jeffrey

Re: Shared Fax/Scan Folders on server??
Not exactly. Will pointing the file store of the client machines to the
hosting PC's file store work as ... being able to see the incoming faxes
that came in on that machine?

Guess I should just mess with it and see if it works.

> So you are attempting to use the WFS client as a server? I think you know
> the answer to that.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Jeffrey" <news.mail@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I have 3 PCs running Vista Ultimate in my very small office. 1 as a file
>>"server" and the other 2 as client PCs. The "server" PC has no user, just
>>there to host files and printers.
>>
>> I have a modem connected to the server PC and was wondering if I could
>> set up my small network so that the 2 client machines can share and use
>> the server folder store for Fax & Scan.
>>
>> I have my server PC setup to receive all faxes. I was hoping to be able
>> to "see" these incoming faxes from my two client PCs.
>>
>> Also, is there a way to set it up that the two clients can FAX through my
>> server? I have file sharing all setup and mapped drives for what I need.
>> Just wondering on how to possible get this scenario to work, if at
>> all...?
>>
>> Thank you for any input!
>>
>> Jeff

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Shared Fax/Scan Folders on server??
Like all Microsoft Fax client products, WFS cannot be shared.
--
> Not exactly. Will pointing the file store of the client machines to the
> hosting PC's file store work as ... being able to see the incoming faxes
> that came in on that machine?
>
> Guess I should just mess with it and see if it works.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> So you are attempting to use the WFS client as a server? I think you know
>> the answer to that.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Jeffrey" <news.mail@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I have 3 PCs running Vista Ultimate in my very small office. 1 as a file
>>>"server" and the other 2 as client PCs. The "server" PC has no user, just
>>>there to host files and printers.
>>>
>>> I have a modem connected to the server PC and was wondering if I could
>>> set up my small network so that the 2 client machines can share and use
>>> the server folder store for Fax & Scan.
>>>
>>> I have my server PC setup to receive all faxes. I was hoping to be able
>>> to "see" these incoming faxes from my two client PCs.
>>>
>>> Also, is there a way to set it up that the two clients can FAX through
>>> my server? I have file sharing all setup and mapped drives for what I
>>> need. Just wondering on how to possible get this scenario to work, if at
>>> all...?
>>>
>>> Thank you for any input!
>>>
>>> Jeff

Jeffrey

Re: Shared Fax/Scan Folders on server??
I found that little option to save/copy the fax to a folder.
Works for what I need right now.

> Like all Microsoft Fax client products, WFS cannot be shared.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Jeffrey" <news.mail@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Not exactly. Will pointing the file store of the client machines to the
>> hosting PC's file store work as ... being able to see the incoming faxes
>> that came in on that machine?
>>
>> Guess I should just mess with it and see if it works.
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> So you are attempting to use the WFS client as a server? I think you
>>> know the answer to that.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]

Nicolas Manchard

Re: Shared Fax/Scan Folders on server??
Have a look at http://www.aloaha.com/wi-software-en...-fax-suite.php

"Jeffrey" <news.mail@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have 3 PCs running Vista Ultimate in my very small office. 1 as a file
>"server" and the other 2 as client PCs. The "server" PC has no user, just
>there to host files and printers.
> Also, is there a way to set it up that the two clients can FAX through my
> server? I have file sharing all setup and mapped drives for what I need.
> Just wondering on how to possible get this scenario to work, if at all...?
>
> Thank you for any input!
>
> Jeff

Nicolas Manchard