Printer ReInstalling

Does anyone know if there is a fix for t

Printer ReInstalling
I have an HP4250 Photosmart all in one printer. My computer is fairly new
with Vista Home Premium. I have installed my printer several times with the
newest HP drivers and although it works great for awhile, after after a
couple of weeks it starts to reinstall on it's own when it's turned on. I've
had as many as 6 printers showing up - I've unistalled, re-installed, changed
usb ports, etc. It happens when the printer is turned on and it shows the
"searching for drivers, installing drivers, etc." I've tried stopping it but
the printer refuses to work without it. I never know which one will be the
default. HP just tells me to unistall and reinstall - I've done that about 5
times already. Any ideas?
huwyngr

Re: Printer ReInstalling
When you installed the driver and other HP software did you do this
before plugging the USB cable from the printer into the PC?

If you have the printer plugged in when you install the HP driver
package, Windows will try to install its driver before HP can!

Unplug the USB cable from the PC.

Go to the Printers Folder and delete all the printer icons there.

Go to Control Panel and click on Uninstall Programs (if you are in the
VISTA view; if in Classic view find the icon for Program & Features)

Find any references to HP programs that might be related to the printer
and its functions and uninstall them.

Reboot the computer.

Locate the file to install the HP software package and right mouse
click on it. Select Run as Administrator and OK your way out as needed.

DO NOT plug the USB cable from the printer into the PC until either the
installation program tells you to do so or until after you reach
Finish.

That should install the HP software/driver.

But note that Home versions of VISTA do not have the Fax and scan
utility that is built into other versions of VISTA so you will have to
rely on the HP software. That is why it is important to use the full
software package and not the Basic package if you are downloading from
the HP website which I recommend to ensure that you have the latest
version and can also install any updates or fixes that may be there.

This is the file I refer to:

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers

05-2007 version 8.0.0 - 101.02M

PS_AIO_NonNetwork_ENU.exe

As you can see it is very large and you can get it from HP on disk if
your media with the printer is not uptodate -- does it say it's OK for
VISTA?

Salem69usa

Re: Printer ReInstalling

Did you ever get the file 'PS_AIO_NonNetwork_ENU.exe '
(ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...rk_ENU.exe)for
your printer? If so could I have it also. The link on the hp website
don't work. And have chated live with them and told them it don't work
and they still just email me the same link that don't work back.

--
Salem69usa

"Salem69usa" wrote:

> Did you ever get the file 'PS_AIO_NonNetwork_ENU.exe '
> (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...rk_ENU.exe)for
> your printer? If so could I have it also. The link on the hp website
> don't work. And have chated live with them and told them it don't work
> and they still just email me the same link that don't work back.
>

> --
> Salem69usa

Does anyone know if there is a fix for t

Re: Printer ReInstalling
Yes, I have the download for the HP 4250 - I'll try and paste it on here;
hope it works for you. PS_AIO_NonNetwork_ENU.exe

"Salem69usa" wrote:

> Did you ever get the file 'PS_AIO_NonNetwork_ENU.exe '
> (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...rk_ENU.exe)for
> your printer? If so could I have it also. The link on the hp website
> don't work. And have chated live with them and told them it don't work
> and they still just email me the same link that don't work back.
>

> --
> Salem69usa

huwyngr

Re: Printer ReInstalling
I've just successfully downloaded the two VISTA files for the 4250 by
going to the VISTA page at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...c=en&cc=us&dlc
=en&product=3300221&lang=en

This contains links to the two versions: IT which had DVD in the name
and the other which is more complete but which downloads much more
slowly so be patient.

It may be that you cannot go directly to the ftp site -- your link to
it did not work for me.

Hope that helps.

Salem69usa

Re: Printer ReInstalling

Does anyone know if there is a fix for t;511954 Wrote:
> Yes, I have the download for the HP 4250 - I'll try and paste it on
> here;
> hope it works for you. PS_AIO_NonNetwork_ENU.exe
>
> "Salem69usa" wrote:

Thank you for the quick response. Did your attemt to uploan the file
PS_AIO_NonNetwork_ENU.exe work? If so how do i get to it from here. I
did not find a link to the file if your upload was good?

--
Salem69usa