Cannot install HP 3325 Printer model

Rocky

Cannot install HP 3325 Printer model
Hi All,

I have been trying to install the HP 3325 DeskJet Printer from past 3 weeks.
However, all the efforts have gone in vain. I tried searching for the right
Driver, but this model is quite old, so default drivers are available in the
Printer manufacturer list.

Unfortunately, I tried for installing the default HP printer drivers in my
pre-installed Windows Vista laptop, but I could not find the HP Printer
Manufacturer in the manufacturer list. I have contacted HP on the same.
However, they asked me to use the default printer driver, which I’m not able
to use it.

I tried to install the HP printer INF file from the INF folder.
Unfortunately, even that did not help me. I got prompt that “This type of
installation is not supported”.

I wanted to know is there any way I can get the HP manufacturer list in the
Printers list.

Please help me to install the Printer.

NOTE: I have Windows Vista Home Edition Preinstalled. I have reinstallation
media. I cannot install the flat so that the entire missing and corrupt file
could be reinstalled.

Thanks & Regards,

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Cannot install HP 3325 Printer model
I sounds like you attempted to add HP's old driver first. There is a QFE
fix for the corrupted inf generated from this task.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Rocky" <Rocky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have been trying to install the HP 3325 DeskJet Printer from past 3
> weeks.
> However, all the efforts have gone in vain. I tried searching for the
> right
> Driver, but this model is quite old, so default drivers are available in
> the
> Printer manufacturer list.
>
> Unfortunately, I tried for installing the default HP printer drivers in my
> pre-installed Windows Vista laptop, but I could not find the HP Printer
> Manufacturer in the manufacturer list. I have contacted HP on the same.
> However, they asked me to use the default printer driver, which I'm not
> able
> to use it.
>
> I tried to install the HP printer INF file from the INF folder.
> Unfortunately, even that did not help me. I got prompt that "This type of
> installation is not supported".
>
> I wanted to know is there any way I can get the HP manufacturer list in
> the
> Printers list.
>
> Please help me to install the Printer.
>
> NOTE: I have Windows Vista Home Edition Preinstalled. I have
> reinstallation
> media. I cannot install the flat so that the entire missing and corrupt
> file
> could be reinstalled.
>
> Thanks & Regards,

Rocky

Re: Cannot install HP 3325 Printer model
Hi Alan,

Thanks a lot for your response. I am sorry to say that the article that you
have provided would address the issue, if I have the issue installing new
hardware device in Windows Vista. In other words if the printer is not being
detected then probable, this article would address the issue.

I wanted to update you on the issue, that HP printer is being detected,
however I am not able to find the printer in the manufacturer list.

If you try to add a new printer manually, then you will find the printer
manufacturer list. However, I am not able to find the HP Printer in the same
list.

Please let me know how can I get the INF file or Sys file installed in the
system so that I could get the HP Printer option in the Manufacturer list.

I appreciate your valuable suggestions and cooperation.

Regards,
Rocky

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> I sounds like you attempted to add HP's old driver first. There is a QFE
> fix for the corrupted inf generated from this task.
>

> >> Error message when you try to install a new hardware device in Windows
> >> Vista: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for
> >> your device"
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937187
> >>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Rocky" <Rocky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have been trying to install the HP 3325 DeskJet Printer from past 3
> > weeks.
> > However, all the efforts have gone in vain. I tried searching for the
> > right
> > Driver, but this model is quite old, so default drivers are available in
> > the
> > Printer manufacturer list.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I tried for installing the default HP printer drivers in my
> > pre-installed Windows Vista laptop, but I could not find the HP Printer
> > Manufacturer in the manufacturer list. I have contacted HP on the same.
> > However, they asked me to use the default printer driver, which I'm not
> > able
> > to use it.
> >
> > I tried to install the HP printer INF file from the INF folder.
> > Unfortunately, even that did not help me. I got prompt that "This type of
> > installation is not supported".
> >
> > I wanted to know is there any way I can get the HP manufacturer list in
> > the
> > Printers list.
> >
> > Please help me to install the Printer.
> >
> > NOTE: I have Windows Vista Home Edition Preinstalled. I have
> > reinstallation
> > media. I cannot install the flat so that the entire missing and corrupt
> > file
> > could be reinstalled.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,

Bob Headrick

> I wanted to update you on the issue, that HP printer is being detected,
> however I am not able to find the printer in the manufacturer list.
>
> If you try to add a new printer manually, then you will find the printer
> manufacturer list. However, I am not able to find the HP Printer in the
> same
> list.

The HP Deskjet 3325 is not listed , but you could try the HP Deskjet 3500
series driver provided with Vista.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Rocky

Re: Cannot install HP 3325 Printer model
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your suggestion. I wanted to inform you that I'm not getting
the HP Printer option itself in the manufacturer list. Your suggestion would
be applicable only when I can see the HP manufacturer option in the
manufacturer list.

Please let me know how do I add the HP printer list...

Thanks & Regards,

Rocky

"Bob Headrick" wrote:

> "Rocky" <Rocky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > I wanted to update you on the issue, that HP printer is being detected,
> > however I am not able to find the printer in the manufacturer list.
> >
> > If you try to add a new printer manually, then you will find the printer
> > manufacturer list. However, I am not able to find the HP Printer in the
> > same
> > list.

> The HP Deskjet 3325 is not listed , but you could try the HP Deskjet 3500
> series driver provided with Vista.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Cannot install HP 3325 Printer model
If the driver is not included in Vista, it will not be listed. If HP is not
listed as a manufacture on the 3rd Add Printer page in the list that should
start with Apollo and end in Xerox, what manufactures are listed?

--

> Hi Bob,
>
> Thank you for your suggestion. I wanted to inform you that I'm not
> getting
> the HP Printer option itself in the manufacturer list. Your suggestion
> would
> be applicable only when I can see the HP manufacturer option in the
> manufacturer list.
>
> Please let me know how do I add the HP printer list...
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Rocky
>
> "Bob Headrick" wrote:
>
>> "Rocky" <Rocky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > I wanted to update you on the issue, that HP printer is being detected,
>> > however I am not able to find the printer in the manufacturer list.
>> >
>> > If you try to add a new printer manually, then you will find the
>> > printer
>> > manufacturer list. However, I am not able to find the HP Printer in the
>> > same
>> > list.

>> The HP Deskjet 3325 is not listed , but you could try the HP Deskjet 3500
>> series driver provided with Vista.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Rocky

Re: Cannot install HP 3325 Printer model
Hi Alan,

This is Rocky. I hope remember the with HP 3325 Printer model installation
issue. You asked me about the list of printers in Manufacturer list. the list
are mentioned below:

LIST OF MANUFACTURER
AFICIO
AMYUNI TECH
BENQ
BROTHER
BTA DIGITAL WORKS AG
CITIZEN
COSTAR
DELL
DELL INC.
DELL INKJET DRIVERS
DEVELOP
DYMO
EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
EFI
EFI2004
EPSON
FIERY
FUJI XEROX
GENERIC
GENERIC PRINTERS
GESTETNER
HP
IBM
IMAGISTICS
KING JIM
KODAK
KONICA
KONICA MINOLTA
KONICA MINOLTA BUSINESS TECHN INC
KONICAMINOLTA
KYOCERA
KYOCERA MITA
KYOCERAMITA
LANIER
LASER_PRINTER
LEGEND
LENOVO
LEXMARK
MFP
N-LAS
NRG
OCE
OCE 3275/750
OCE TECHN B.V.
OCE TECHN B.V.
OCE TECHN B.V.
OEM
OKI
OKIDATA
OLIVETTI
PANASONIC
PENTAX
PINEYBOWES
RIC OH
RISO
SAGEM
SAMSUNG
SAVIN
SHARP
SII
SONY
SOURCED TECHN
SP
TALLY
TALLYGENICOM
TG INKJET DRIVERS
TOSHIBA
UNISYS
UTAX/TA
XEROX

Alan, you will find the HP Printer in the list, but we chose the close by
default driver for the HP 3325 Model, we are not able to install the same.
The Printer model is 3325 deskjet model. I am not getting close by model 3200
series.. I got the Printer Model after Windows Update. The Operating System
is Windows Vista Business (OEM).

Please let me know is there any way I could install the printer??

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Rocky

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> If the driver is not included in Vista, it will not be listed. If HP is not
> listed as a manufacture on the 3rd Add Printer page in the list that should
> start with Apollo and end in Xerox, what manufactures are listed?
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Rocky" <Rocky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Bob,
> >
> > Thank you for your suggestion. I wanted to inform you that I'm not
> > getting
> > the HP Printer option itself in the manufacturer list. Your suggestion
> > would
> > be applicable only when I can see the HP manufacturer option in the
> > manufacturer list.
> >
> > Please let me know how do I add the HP printer list...
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> >
> > Rocky
> >
> > "Bob Headrick" wrote:
> >
> >> "Rocky" <Rocky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> The HP Deskjet 3325 is not listed , but you could try the HP Deskjet 3500
> >> series driver provided with Vista.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Cannot install HP 3325 Printer model
There are a bunch here that are not included in Vista. Have you installed a
bunch of print software on your machine?