printer offline

mrsdolph

printer offline
I can see my printer but it is marked offline. How do I turn it back online?

Bob Headrick

Re: printer offline
"mrsdolph" <mrsdolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can see my printer but it is marked offline. How do I turn it back
> online?

Make sure the printer is plugged in, turned on and connect. Go to Start,
Printers, double-click on the printer, Printer then make sure "Use printer
offline" is unchecked.

If this does not help please let us know what model printer you have and how
it is connected.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

mrsdolph

Re: printer offline
Yes, printer is plugged in, on and connected. I unchecked use printer online
but no luck. I am running a MS vista system using a HP Deskjet F380 all in
one printer.
Thanks for looking further!

"Bob Headrick" wrote:

> "mrsdolph" <mrsdolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I can see my printer but it is marked offline. How do I turn it back
> > online?

> Make sure the printer is plugged in, turned on and connect. Go to Start,
> Printers, double-click on the printer, Printer then make sure "Use printer
> offline" is unchecked.
>
> If this does not help please let us know what model printer you have and how
> it is connected.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

mrsdolph

Re: printer offline
Bob - Did you see my response to your note below. It is posted. Please
advise. Thanks big time

"Bob Headrick" wrote:

> "mrsdolph" <mrsdolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I can see my printer but it is marked offline. How do I turn it back
> > online?

> Make sure the printer is plugged in, turned on and connect. Go to Start,
> Printers, double-click on the printer, Printer then make sure "Use printer
> offline" is unchecked.
>
> If this does not help please let us know what model printer you have and how
> it is connected.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Joep42

Re: printer offline

Same problem - wireless Dell network printer comes up offline if it is
powered off when Vista Home (SP1) boots or when Vista wakes up from
Hibernation. Tried MS's Hot Fix - said it was already installed.

According to my techie son, the printer spooler service is fouled up
in Vista. We put the following batch program together to stop/start
the service on the fly and presto, the offline printer comes right back
online. No reboot needed.

You must "Run as Administrator". You might want to add a "pause" (no
quotes) at the end of the batch program to make sure it runs without
any errors, them remove it after testing. Name the job anything you
want .bat and put it on your desktop for easy access.

Imagine, a DOS batch job fix for Vista!

@echo off
net stop "Print Spooler"
net start "Print Spooler"