Faxing with Vista

JV

Faxing with Vista
I have never used a Windows fax program and am getting ready to purchase a
new computer with Vista. I understand Vista Business has a fax program. My
computer is on high-speed internet cable. According to what I read about the
fax feature on Microsoft website, you type in the fax number of the recipient
in the form provided in the program. But how does the document get faxed if
my computer is attached to internet cable and not a phone line? I'm sure
there is a simple explanation, but I want to make sure the fax feature will
work with my cable connection before I purchase.
Jane C

Re: Faxing with Vista
Hi JV,

In order to use fax in Windows, you would need an analogue phone line and
fax modem. You can't send faxes via cable or ADSL connections.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"JV" <JV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have never used a Windows fax program and am getting ready to purchase a
> new computer with Vista. I understand Vista Business has a fax program.
> My
> computer is on high-speed internet cable. According to what I read about
> the
> fax feature on Microsoft website, you type in the fax number of the
> recipient
> in the form provided in the program. But how does the document get faxed
> if
> my computer is attached to internet cable and not a phone line? I'm sure
> there is a simple explanation, but I want to make sure the fax feature
> will
> work with my cable connection before I purchase.

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: Faxing with Vista
You actually can send Faxes via your Internet connection provided you are
willing to pay for an Internet E-Faxing service:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/serv...tm#internetfax
Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
http://www.savetz.com/fax/
FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com