Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL

tlshaw

Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL
I recently purchased a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The printer is
connected to the wireless hub and works fine with our 2 laptops running XP. I
followed Konica's instructions for installing the printer. I can print a test
page fine. Also, in I go into printer properties as an administrator I can
print a test page. However, I can't print from any applications such as word.
I have deleted and reinstalled the printer, again following all the
instructions and using the driver for Vista.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL
After you have installed the printer and set it as default, open Word, open
a document, then File, Print, and ensure that the printer selected is the
Konica.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"tlshaw" <tlshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The printer is
> connected to the wireless hub and works fine with our 2 laptops running
> XP. I
> followed Konica's instructions for installing the printer. I can print a
> test
> page fine. Also, in I go into printer properties as an administrator I can
> print a test page. However, I can't print from any applications such as
> word.
> I have deleted and reinstalled the printer, again following all the
> instructions and using the driver for Vista.

tlshaw

Re: Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL
When I tried to print, I used the print option, not quick print, and made
sure the konica was set as the printer. I tried this several times with no
success.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> After you have installed the printer and set it as default, open Word, open
> a document, then File, Print, and ensure that the printer selected is the
> Konica.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "tlshaw" <tlshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently purchased a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The printer is
> > connected to the wireless hub and works fine with our 2 laptops running
> > XP. I
> > followed Konica's instructions for installing the printer. I can print a
> > test
> > page fine. Also, in I go into printer properties as an administrator I can
> > print a test page. However, I can't print from any applications such as
> > word.
> > I have deleted and reinstalled the printer, again following all the
> > instructions and using the driver for Vista.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL
Did you try reinstalling Word (or Office)?
--

> When I tried to print, I used the print option, not quick print, and made
> sure the konica was set as the printer. I tried this several times with no
> success.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> After you have installed the printer and set it as default, open Word,
>> open
>> a document, then File, Print, and ensure that the printer selected is the
>> Konica.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "tlshaw" <tlshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I recently purchased a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The printer is
>> > connected to the wireless hub and works fine with our 2 laptops running
>> > XP. I
>> > followed Konica's instructions for installing the printer. I can print
>> > test
>> > page fine. Also, in I go into printer properties as an administrator I
>> > can
>> > print a test page. However, I can't print from any applications such as
>> > word.
>> > I have deleted and reinstalled the printer, again following all the
>> > instructions and using the driver for Vista.

tlshaw

Re: Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL

I can't print from any program. I have tried printing emails, a document in
Adobe, and a web page. All with no success. The printer icon will show a
document pending, but then goes away, with nothing happening.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you try reinstalling Word (or Office)?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "tlshaw" <tlshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I tried to print, I used the print option, not quick print, and made
> > sure the konica was set as the printer. I tried this several times with no
> > success.
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> After you have installed the printer and set it as default, open Word,
> >> open
> >> a document, then File, Print, and ensure that the printer selected is the
> >> Konica.
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> >> http://www.coribright.com/windows

tlshaw

Re: Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL
I am posting this in hopes it will help other people with similar problems. I
checked the Konica website and read the suggestion that the UAC was the
problem. I turned off the UAC and now it works fine. Why didn't Microsoft
know this?

googsunil@gmail.com

On Oct 21, 4:54 pm, tlshaw <tls...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I recently purchased a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The printer is
> connected to the wireless hub and works fine with our 2 laptops running XP. I
> followed Konica's instructions for installing the printer. I can print a test
> page fine. Also, in I go into printer properties as an administrator I can
> print a test page. However, I can't print from any applications such as word.
> I have deleted and reinstalled the printer, again following all the
> instructions and using the driver for Vista.

Can you give me the instructions you used to configure vista to work
with minolta 2300DL?

tlshaw

Re: Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL

Sure. Click on Start. Then double click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
You will then see a list of options under Make changes to your user account.
The last one is Turn User Account Control on or off. Uncheck the box by Use
User Account Control and click ok. You will probably get a warning message,
but just click on ok.

Hope this helps.

"googsunil@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Oct 21, 4:54 pm, tlshaw <tls...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I recently purchased a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The printer is
> > connected to the wireless hub and works fine with our 2 laptops running XP. I
> > followed Konica's instructions for installing the printer. I can print a test
> > page fine. Also, in I go into printer properties as an administrator I can
> > print a test page. However, I can't print from any applications such as word.
> > I have deleted and reinstalled the printer, again following all the
> > instructions and using the driver for Vista.

> Can you give me the instructions you used to configure vista to work
> with minolta 2300DL?

dugandean@aol.com

Re: Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL