Incompatible USB 2.0 port

Scott

Incompatible USB 2.0 port
I just purchased a new PQI USB 2.0 flash drive and inserted into the USB
port of my HP Pavilion a5068hk PC running on Vista Home Premium. The system
cannot reconise it and asks for driver. The drive states Windows Vista
compatible. I insert it to other XP pcs and Vista pc and all work correctly
without any
need of driver. With other USB 2.0 flash drives, they work correctly on
this HP pc. It seems to me the Vista on my pc does not work correctly. Can
someone advise the possible reasons and fixes.

Thanks,

Scott

Tom Ferguson

Re: Incompatible USB 2.0 port
Since this problem does not seem to have any relation to printing, faxing
or scanning, perhaps it should be posted to a problem-related group such
as microsoft.public.vista.hardware_devices.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007
Note:
The original is in encoded Chinese Traditional (Big5)

"Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased a new PQI USB 2.0 flash drive and inserted into the USB
> port of my HP Pavilion a5068hk PC running on Vista Home Premium. The
> system
> cannot reconise it and asks for driver. The drive states Windows Vista
> compatible. I insert it to other XP pcs and Vista pc and all work
> correctly without any
> need of driver. With other USB 2.0 flash drives, they work correctly
> on
> this HP pc. It seems to me the Vista on my pc does not work correctly.
> Can someone advise the possible reasons and fixes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Dan [MSFT]

Re: Incompatible USB 2.0 port
Just a suggestion, but I've seen some printers around the office with USB
ports which are for some purpose other than to connect through to your PC
(like a USB hub would). This is kind of confusing since most other hardware
(LCD monitors, some keyboards) act as USB hubs, but these printers don't.

Try plugging your flash drive into a port that's on the computer, not on the
printer & see if that works. If your box isn't particularly reachable,
consider picking up one of those snazzy USB hubs with a long cable.

Dan