Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista

Waikei

Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista
I tried to add a local printer many times but keep receivinf error
0x000006be. The spooler will then stop and require manually start up. I am
using Window Vista. Anybody can help me what's done wrong?
--
Waikei
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista
Is this an HP laserjet driver?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Waikei" <Waikei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to add a local printer many times but keep receivinf error
> 0x000006be. The spooler will then stop and require manually start up. I
> am
> using Window Vista. Anybody can help me what's done wrong?
> --
> Waikei

Waikei

Re: Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista
No, it is a Samsung CLX-2160 color laser printer driver.
--
Waikei

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Is this an HP laserjet driver?
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Waikei" <Waikei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried to add a local printer many times but keep receivinf error
> > 0x000006be. The spooler will then stop and require manually start up. I
> > am
> > using Window Vista. Anybody can help me what's done wrong?
> > --
> > Waikei

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista
I assume you downloaded the version 3.04 driver. Wow I see the driver
download file is 100MB.

--

> No, it is a Samsung CLX-2160 color laser printer driver.
> --
> Waikei
>

> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Is this an HP laserjet driver?
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team

>> rights.
>>
>> "Waikei" <Waikei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I tried to add a local printer many times but keep receivinf error
>> > 0x000006be. The spooler will then stop and require manually start up.
>> > am
>> > using Window Vista. Anybody can help me what's done wrong?
>> > --
>> > Waikei

Cindy

Re: Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista
I have the same exact issue with an Epson CX 8400. I have the most current
driver installed and the Dell support people couldn't fix the problem and
suggested I call Epson--which I will do when I get a free hour.

If anyone else figures out this problem, please let me know!!

Thank you.

Cindy
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista
I hit this error today with an HP driver. The nice thing about that is
there are a couple of HP driver developers who work here who were able to
get symbols files from Boise to debug the problem. Basically the print
driver is corrupting the memory in the spooler process and causes the
install process within the spooler to terminate. If the spooler did not die
with this driver, it will eventually.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same exact issue with an Epson CX 8400. I have the most current
> driver installed and the Dell support people couldn't fix the problem and
> suggested I call Epson--which I will do when I get a free hour.
>
> If anyone else figures out this problem, please let me know!!
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cindy

jawaglen@yahoo.com

Re: Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista
I think the printer and printer driver are of NO issue to this
problem. The problem is deeper than a specific printer driver. I
have a new Sony Vaio running Windows Vista Business. I get the same
problem. I cannot add printers (of several kinds) without getting the
Microsoft Message:

"Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed. A problem
caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify
you if a solution is available." And an error message comes on that
gives "Operation could not be completed. Error 0x000006be."
Microsoft has no help in the Knowledge Base or tech help site.

The Windows Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services / Print
Spooler can be set to automatic and started but does not stay
started. It shows started but apparently is stopped. It does the
same in Manuel and Started. It does not stay started even though it
shows started.

I wish Microsoft would get this solved. If anyone finds a solution,
please post it or email me.
Thanks
jawag

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista
Most likely there is a faulting print driver installed

Bruce Sanderson has some helpful tips for removing the print drivers

Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

<jawaglen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1194371774.921404.54950@i13g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
>I think the printer and printer driver are of NO issue to this
> problem. The problem is deeper than a specific printer driver. I
> have a new Sony Vaio running Windows Vista Business. I get the same
> problem. I cannot add printers (of several kinds) without getting the
> Microsoft Message:
>
> "Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed. A problem
> caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify
> you if a solution is available." And an error message comes on that
> gives "Operation could not be completed. Error 0x000006be."
> Microsoft has no help in the Knowledge Base or tech help site.
>
> The Windows Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services / Print
> Spooler can be set to automatic and started but does not stay
> started. It shows started but apparently is stopped. It does the
> same in Manuel and Started. It does not stay started even though it
> shows started.
>
> I wish Microsoft would get this solved. If anyone finds a solution,
> please post it or email me.
> Thanks
> jawag

Jonesno1

Re: Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista

I, too, am getting this error message but here's how: I have both an HP
laser jet 1018 and HP Photosmart 2570 hooked up to my HP dv6253
operating with Vista Home Premium. Both printers work fine on all
applications until I tried to print a jpeg picture. When I hit print
the option of the laser jet 1018 is not an option only the 2570 is there
to print so I have to act like I am installing a new printer which is
when the 0x000006be error comes into play.

--
Jonesno1
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Add printer with error 0x000006be in Windows Vista
With which application are you trying to print the JPEG image?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows