hp 1315 printer

tampa91

hp 1315 printer
Vista won't allow me to install hp 1315 printer. Error message says doesn't
meet system requirements. Any suggestions? I am tired of Vista already.
Tony

Re: hp 1315 printer
tampa91 <tampa91@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Vista won't allow me to install hp 1315 printer. Error message says doesn't
>meet system requirements. Any suggestions? I am tired of Vista already.

Have you downloaded the latest driver from
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 4568&lang=en

I have installed a 1315 in Vista with no problem so I suggest this is not a
Vista issue.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick

Re: hp 1315 printer

"tampa91" <tampa91@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Vista won't allow me to install hp 1315 printer. Error message says
> doesn't
> meet system requirements. Any suggestions? I am tired of Vista already.

As Tony and Cari note it depends a lot on which printer you have - please
give more details. If you are trying to install the original drivers that
came with the printer you will need to install the proper Vista drivers,
either from those available in the "Add Printer" section or by download from
HP at http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: hp 1315 printer
Sorry, according to HP this is not a supported printer in Vista.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=61956&lang=en

HP took the decision that printers over 7 years old were not economically
viable for them to spend time and $s on rewriting updated drivers. Either
return to XP or purchase something a little newer.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"tampa91" <tampa91@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Vista won't allow me to install hp 1315 printer. Error message says
> doesn't
> meet system requirements. Any suggestions? I am tired of Vista already.

Tony

Re: hp 1315 printer
Hi Cari
I fell into the trap of assuming the OP had the PSC 1315 AIO which does have
drivers for Vista. I guess from his post that he has the Photosmart 1315 which
as you rightly say is not supported. I installed a PSC 1315 AIO some time ago
in Vista without any trouble at a customer's site.
Tony

"Cari \(MS-MVP\)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote:
>Sorry, according to HP this is not a supported printer in Vista.
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=61956&lang=en
>
>HP took the decision that printers over 7 years old were not economically
>viable for them to spend time and $s on rewriting updated drivers. Either
>return to XP or purchase something a little newer.
>--
>Cari (MS-MVP)
>Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
>http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
>"tampa91" <tampa91@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Vista won't allow me to install hp 1315 printer. Error message says
>> doesn't
>> meet system requirements. Any suggestions? I am tired of Vista already.

huwyngr

Re: hp 1315 printer
Try installing the XP drivers and software using Compatibility Mode and
Run as Administrator when installing them.

Say if you need instructions -- or look around for other messages I
have posted on how to do this.