Vista Fax connected to Server 2003 fax server but no cover pages

mlai

Vista Fax connected to Server 2003 fax server but no cover pages
Hello,
I got my vista ultimate (x64) machine connected to the fax printer on my
Windows Server 2003 machine and can fax out. However, Vista Fax and Scan
complains that it cannot find any cover pages on the server. All my windows
xp machines can access the cover pages fine. Please help!

Marshall

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

RE: Vista Fax connected to Server 2003 fax server but no cover pages
Hello Marshall,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, I suggest you refer to the following article to see if it
can help:
927815: You may be unable to send a fax that you saved as a draft in
Windows Fax and Scan if the fax does not have a cover page
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927815/en-us

If the problem persists, please send me a screen shot of the error message
so that I can perform further research.

To take a screen shot:
---------------------
1. Press the Pr Scrn key once on the keyboard when the error message
appears.
2. Click Start, go to Run, enter MSPAINT in the open dialog box, and then
Click OK.
3. Use Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot to the canvas.
4. From the File menu, go to Save and save it as a JPG file.
5. Send the JPG file to me as an attachment.
My mailbox: v-kzhao@microsoft.com

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Vista Fax connected to Server 2003 fax server but no cover pages
Known issue. No solution. Developers are aware.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"mlai" <mlai@community.nospam> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I got my vista ultimate (x64) machine connected to the fax printer on
> my Windows Server 2003 machine and can fax out. However, Vista Fax and
> Scan complains that it cannot find any cover pages on the server. All my
> windows xp machines can access the cover pages fine. Please help!
>
> Marshall

mlai

Re: Vista Fax connected to Server 2003 fax server but no cover pages
I am just baffled as I have a Vista x64 at home connected to the fax server
on my SBS2003 SP1 (with 2003 SP2), and Windows Fax and Scan works just fine
with cover pages present......

> Known issue. No solution. Developers are aware.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "mlai" <mlai@community.nospam> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I got my vista ultimate (x64) machine connected to the fax printer on
>> my Windows Server 2003 machine and can fax out. However, Vista Fax and
>> Scan complains that it cannot find any cover pages on the server. All my
>> windows xp machines can access the cover pages fine. Please help!
>>
>> Marshall

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Vista Fax connected to Server 2003 fax server but no cover pages
Perhaps you can clarify the difference between the system that works and the
one that doesn't. You haven't so far.