Print Spooler Service has stopped
I know there are numerous threads about spooler errors but I could not
find one that would fix my problem. Printer: Canon Pixma MP450. OS:
Vista Home Premium 64 bit. Recently jumped from an AMD 754 to Intel 775
Quad core. Same OS, just reinstalled and formatted HD. No issues under
754 but having this problem along with others now.
Done the following.
- Downloaded Canon's 64 bit driver again but won't install because of
the "Print Spooler service had stopped working".
- Done the right click, manage on Computer to stop and restart the
service. No luck.
- Removed the printer from device manager (sees it, just no driver).
- Contacted Canon and tried their method of stopping drivers and
service on start up using msconfig. Didn't work either.
- Done disk clean ups, defrags, ccleaner, virus scans, regedits, etc.
- Tried to add new printer but get same error as #1.I know this isn't a driver issue because it worked a week ago on my old
PC. OS is the same but it's now using new hardware. Any help is
appreciated since I've been trying for about 4 days now.