Installing HP Deskjet 722C printer drivers on a Vista machine ?

Warren

Installing HP Deskjet 722C printer drivers on a Vista machine ?
Hi everyone. I have an HP Deskjet 722C hooked up to my Windows 98 machine
through a parallel port. I'm thinking of building a wireless network and
installing a wireless printserver to the printer (plugs directly into
parallel port). My question is will I be able to install the print drivers
on my new Vista machine so I can print to my Deskjet 722C from the new Vista
machine ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

--
Warren

No spam address used. Please reply to group only.

Rob

Re: Installing HP Deskjet 722C printer drivers on a Vista machine ?

"Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone. I have an HP Deskjet 722C hooked up to my Windows 98 machine
> through a parallel port. I'm thinking of building a wireless network and
> installing a wireless printserver to the printer (plugs directly into
> parallel port). My question is will I be able to install the print
> drivers
> on my new Vista machine so I can print to my Deskjet 722C from the new
> Vista
> machine ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your time.
>
> --
> Warren
>
> No spam address used. Please reply to group only.

You'll need a drivers from here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...565& lang=en&

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

Dell Dimension 8300 Desktop
P4 3.0GHz
1GB RAM
Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit
ATI Radeon 9800 XT
Creative SB Audigy 2

Warren

Re: Installing HP Deskjet 722C printer drivers on a Vista machine ?
Thanks Rob,

It looks like it's easier than I ever imagined, Vista already has the
drivers, supposedly. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

> Thanks Rob,
>
> It looks like it's easier than I ever imagined, Vista already has the
> drivers, supposedly. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
>
> Hi,

That's good news. To ensure you have the best drivers check version supplied
with Vista to that on HP website. Drivers supplied on the Vista DVD only
offer basic functionality whereas drivers from manufacturers website will
offer advanced features.

Rob
--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

Dell Dimension 8300 Desktop
P4 3.0GHz
1GB RAM
Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit
ATI Radeon 9800 XT
Creative SB Audigy 2

Warren

Re: Installing HP Deskjet 722C printer drivers on a Vista machine ?
Well the HP site said there was nothing to download for my printer, so
that's as good as it's going to get.

> Well the HP site said there was nothing to download for my printer, so
> that's as good as it's going to get.

No worries at least you know it'll work. That's the second time that's
happened to me today. Recommended HP drivers only to be told link
says..."drivers already supplied on Vista Disk". What on earth is wrong with
HP? Massive company like that, why don't they just offer the driver for
download. I mean not everyone has access to the Vista disk. I guess because
that particular printer is getting old now (don't we all) HP have ceased
development of that driver.

Rob

Note to myself: When providing links to HP drivers, ensure they actually
exist!

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

Dell Dimension 8300 Desktop
P4 3.0GHz
1GB RAM
Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit
ATI Radeon 9800 XT
Creative SB Audigy 2

Andrew Rossmann

Re: Installing HP Deskjet 722C printer drivers on a Vista machine ?
In article <uptMud4DIHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, nospam@nospam.com
says...
> Hi everyone. I have an HP Deskjet 722C hooked up to my Windows 98 machine
> through a parallel port. I'm thinking of building a wireless network and
> installing a wireless printserver to the printer (plugs directly into
> parallel port). My question is will I be able to install the print drivers
> on my new Vista machine so I can print to my Deskjet 722C from the new Vista
> machine ?

The 722 may not work over any form of network connection. It is a host-
based printer, and typically didn't work because it needs direct
communication.

That said, some people were able to make it work using older drivers. I
don't know if the Vista drivers will work with a network connection.
Vista does come with DeskJet 720 drivers which will work with your 722
(physically the same, I think the difference was included software.)

Many newer printers today have networking built-in, and pretty low price
levels. Unless you already own the print server, it may be cheaper to
buy a new printer. You'll get faster speed and higher quality output,
even with the cheapest printers compared to the 722.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Warren

Re: Installing HP Deskjet 722C printer drivers on a Vista machine ?
Thanks, those are some good points, I just hate throwing out a perfectly
good inkjet printer, all be it not the latest & greatest inkjet.

I'm going to build a wireless network, so I'm going to have to purchase a
wireless server for the printer, regardless of being new or old, ethernet,
usb or parallel port. I'm still not sure if the print server I have in mind
for converting my printer port from parallel to wireless (DLink DP-G301)
print server will even be accessible from a Windows 98 machine. Some
specifications say all you need to configure the DP-G301 is IE6 or higher,
which I have. I'm trying to contact the manufacturer to confirm.

"Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.217e7e01fe80dd92989924@newsgroups.comcast .net...
> In article <uptMud4DIHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, nospam@nospam.com
> says...
> > Hi everyone. I have an HP Deskjet 722C hooked up to my Windows 98

machine
> > through a parallel port. I'm thinking of building a wireless network

and
> > installing a wireless printserver to the printer (plugs directly into
> > parallel port). My question is will I be able to install the print

drivers
> > on my new Vista machine so I can print to my Deskjet 722C from the new

Vista
> > machine ?

> The 722 may not work over any form of network connection. It is a host-
> based printer, and typically didn't work because it needs direct
> communication.
>
> That said, some people were able to make it work using older drivers. I
> don't know if the Vista drivers will work with a network connection.
> Vista does come with DeskJet 720 drivers which will work with your 722
> (physically the same, I think the difference was included software.)
>
> Many newer printers today have networking built-in, and pretty low price
> levels. Unless you already own the print server, it may be cheaper to
> buy a new printer. You'll get faster speed and higher quality output,
> even with the cheapest printers compared to the 722.
>
> --
> If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying!
> All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
> law!!
> http://home.att.net/~andyross

huwyngr

Re: Installing HP Deskjet 722C printer drivers on a Vista machine ?
I used VISTA as my excuse to replace my much loved DJ722C! <g>

I got the PS 8250 which is a beaut but is no longer current but there
are other in the Photosmart range that use the 6 VIVERA inks in tanks,
not cartridges, and which recycle the ink they use to clean the inkjets
from time to time.

I can get some suggestions for a current equivalent of that PS8250 if
you wish.

Warren

Re: Installing HP Deskjet 722C printer drivers on a Vista machine ?
So you couldn't get Vista to play nice with the 722C, even though the
drivers are supposedly included with Vista ?

news:VA.0000050f.00311f60@unspam.tampabay.rr.com.. .