Network printer.

dave

Network printer.
I have a home network on XP with two desktop computers, each with their own
printer... both HP's. I now have a new notebook with Vista. When I try to
print to either of the printers ... the page is printed backwards. HP says
they can fix it ... for a service charge. Me thinks MS should be responsible
since this is a Vista problem. Regardless, I need my new Vista computer to
print. Any help?

dave
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Network printer.
It's not a Microsoft problem, it's a problem with HP since they write the
drivers. Microsoft are not responsible for HP's errors. Even if the
drivers are included in Vista, HP wrote them.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a home network on XP with two desktop computers, each with their own
> printer... both HP's. I now have a new notebook with Vista. When I try
> print to either of the printers ... the page is printed backwards. HP
> says
> they can fix it ... for a service charge. Me thinks MS should be
> responsible
> since this is a Vista problem. Regardless, I need my new Vista computer
> print. Any help?
>
> dave

dave

Re: Network printer.
Thanks for responding so quickly,

Is there a work around on this? I can't see why I should have to buy a 2
year service plan with HP to make a perfectly good printer work. The HP
technician said he could show me how to "change some settings" to fix this
problem. What are those settings?

Thanks again.

dave

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> It's not a Microsoft problem, it's a problem with HP since they write the
> drivers. Microsoft are not responsible for HP's errors. Even if the
> drivers are included in Vista, HP wrote them.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a home network on XP with two desktop computers, each with their own
> > printer... both HP's. I now have a new notebook with Vista. When I try
> > print to either of the printers ... the page is printed backwards. HP
> > says
> > they can fix it ... for a service charge. Me thinks MS should be
> > responsible
> > since this is a Vista problem. Regardless, I need my new Vista computer
> > print. Any help?
> >
> > dave

Bob Headrick

Re: Network printer.
"dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a home network on XP with two desktop computers, each with their
> own
> printer... both HP's. I now have a new notebook with Vista. When I try
> print to either of the printers ... the page is printed backwards. HP
> says
> they can fix it ... for a service charge. Me thinks MS should be
> responsible
> since this is a Vista problem. Regardless, I need my new Vista computer
> print. Any help?

What model are the printers? When you say the page is printed backwards do
you mean it is a mirror image? Or that the back side of a duplexed print is
upside down?

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

dave

Re: Network printer.
Bob,

This great... you guys respond fast.

My two printers are HP Deskjet 3845 and HP psc2175xi. Each is
connected/hardwired to an XP destop that is hardwired to the router. The
Vista notebook of course is wireless.

ref the printing itself: If you were to hold the printed page up to a light
with the ink side facing away from you you could then read the printed
material.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again.

dave

"Bob Headrick" wrote:

> "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a home network on XP with two desktop computers, each with their
> > own
> > printer... both HP's. I now have a new notebook with Vista. When I try
> > print to either of the printers ... the page is printed backwards. HP
> > says
> > they can fix it ... for a service charge. Me thinks MS should be
> > responsible
> > since this is a Vista problem. Regardless, I need my new Vista computer
> > print. Any help?

> What model are the printers? When you say the page is printed backwards do
> you mean it is a mirror image? Or that the back side of a duplexed print is
> upside down?
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

dave

Re: Network printer.
Bob,

Thanks for responding.

My printers are HP Deskjet 3845 and HP psc2175xi. Once printed, if one were
to hold the paper up to a light with the printed side toward the light, away
from you, one could then read what was printed.

dave

> Bob,
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> My printers are HP Deskjet 3845 and HP psc2175xi. Once printed, if one
> were
> to hold the paper up to a light with the printed side toward the light,
> away
> from you, one could then read what was printed.

I just installed a driver for the DeskJet 3840 series and in the "Finishing"
tab of the printer properties is a checkbox for "Mirror Image". Make sure
this is not set; if it is not try checking it and see if this corrects the
problem. The PSC 2175 may have a similar driver option.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

HR

Re: Network printer.
I write not to offer an answer but to claim solidarity!

I bought a new Vista notebook last weekend and have HP 3745 printer
networked from my pc. I now get mirror image print via the network,
but normal print when connecting the printer directly to the laptop.
I have checked the driver and emailed HP ( no reply). Changing the
setting MIRROR IMAGE in the preferences setting does not solve the
problem.

I hope there is a solution out there!
Regards
HR

dave

Re: Network printer.
HR,

Thanks.

Looks like I'm forced to return the computer to the retailer because of this
problem. Good thing Ford doesn't make cars like MS makes software or we
would all be dead. lol

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

dave

"HR" wrote:

> I write not to offer an answer but to claim solidarity!
>
> I bought a new Vista notebook last weekend and have HP 3745 printer
> networked from my pc. I now get mirror image print via the network,
> but normal print when connecting the printer directly to the laptop.
> I have checked the driver and emailed HP ( no reply). Changing the
> setting MIRROR IMAGE in the preferences setting does not solve the
> problem.
>
> I hope there is a solution out there!
> Regards
> HR

Tony

Re: Network printer.
dave <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>HR,
>
>Thanks.
>
>Looks like I'm forced to return the computer to the retailer because of this
>problem. Good thing Ford doesn't make cars like MS makes software or we
>would all be dead. lol

As Cari pointed out, this is not a MS problem. The drivers are written by HP.
Tony