Windows VISTA and HP Officejet all in one 5610 driver unloads

Qualitytime88

Windows VISTA and HP Officejet all in one 5610 driver unloads
Ihave a HP officejet 5610 all in one printer etc. I retrieved the VISTA
drivers from the HP web site. The drivers load fine but if I turn the printer
off , VISTA unloads the drivers and when I plug it back in the drivers do not
reload even with a reboot. I have to uninstall the drivers and support
software and reinstall them which takes about an hour. Is there a patch to
stop this or any suggestinns?
Malke

Re: Windows VISTA and HP Officejet all in one 5610 driver unloads
Qualitytime88 wrote:
> Ihave a HP officejet 5610 all in one printer etc. I retrieved the VISTA
> drivers from the HP web site. The drivers load fine but if I turn the printer
> off , VISTA unloads the drivers and when I plug it back in the drivers do not
> reload even with a reboot. I have to uninstall the drivers and support
> software and reinstall them which takes about an hour. Is there a patch to
> stop this or any suggestinns?

Don't turn the printer off. I'm not saying this to be snarky, but
Windows has always had problems finding printers if you turn them off.
There is no reason to turn the printer off. This issue can also arise if
you plug a USB device into a port that is different from the one it was
connected to when you installed the device. Better just not to turn the
printer off!

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

frankelectro is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There is the exact same problem at the office here , please let me know if
you found a solution and I will do the same.
Billder

Re: Windows VISTA and HP Officejet all in one 5610 driver unloads
I too have spent many hours attempting to install (and
uninstall/troubleshoot/call support with HP & Gateway, etc...) for my new
5610. The drivers work fine on Mac OSX and on MS XP, but I install the
software for Vista and the wizard asks for me to plug in my printer, it
recognizes it for a moment and then "fails to complete".

Can ANYONE help? PLEASE...

"frankelectro" wrote:

> There is the exact same problem at the office here , please let me know
> if
> you found a solution and I will do the same.
>

> --
> frankelectro

Ken

Re: Windows VISTA and HP Officejet all in one 5610 driver unloads
I too have this problem. Have been back and forth with HP. They tell me it is
an issue with Microsoft.

"Billder" wrote:

> I too have spent many hours attempting to install (and
> uninstall/troubleshoot/call support with HP & Gateway, etc...) for my new
> 5610. The drivers work fine on Mac OSX and on MS XP, but I install the
> software for Vista and the wizard asks for me to plug in my printer, it
> recognizes it for a moment and then "fails to complete".
>
> Can ANYONE help? PLEASE...
>

> "frankelectro" wrote:
>

> > There is the exact same problem at the office here , please let me know
> > if
> > you found a solution and I will do the same.
> >

> > --
> > frankelectro

Bill

Re: Windows VISTA and HP Officejet all in one 5610 driver unloads
Have you seen this page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 1125&lang=en

HTH

news02D2A56-ADEA-422F-BCAB-342EC242E70C@microsoft.com...