print preview

beeniepcola

print preview
is it just me, or did vista do away with print preview in the printing
preferences? is there another way to view the document before printing it?
Rob

Re: print preview

"beeniepcola" <beeniepcola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is it just me, or did vista do away with print preview in the printing
> preferences? is there another way to view the document before printing it?

Hi,

I always thought "Print Preview" was a feature of a specific application
like MS Word or an inbuilt feature of your printer driver. I wasn't aware
that Windows OS itself provided a "Print Preview" feature. Maybe I'm wrong.

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

Dave

Re: print preview
Isn't the print preview a function of the program you are using, not the OS?

"beeniepcola" <beeniepcola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is it just me, or did vista do away with print preview in the printing
> preferences? is there another way to view the document before printing it?

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: print preview
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 18:54:35 -0400, "Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote:

> Isn't the print preview a function of the program you are using, not the OS?

Yes, it is.

> "beeniepcola" <beeniepcola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > is it just me, or did vista do away with print preview in the printing
> > preferences? is there another way to view the document before printing it?

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Bob Headrick

Re: print preview
"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.am.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 18:54:35 -0400, "Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote:
>> Isn't the print preview a function of the program you are using, not the
>> OS?

> Yes, it is.

Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Judy Booth

Re: print preview
"Rob" <un@hotmail.com> wrote in
newsEEB9BEE-FE50-4212-9958-A569411855DE@microsoft.com:

> "beeniepcola" <beeniepcola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> is it just me, or did vista do away with print preview in the
>> printing preferences? is there another way to view the document
>> before printing it?

> Hi,
>
> I always thought "Print Preview" was a feature of a specific
> application like MS Word or an inbuilt feature of your printer driver.
> I wasn't aware that Windows OS itself provided a "Print Preview"
> feature. Maybe I'm wrong.
>
> Rob

The answer is that Print Preview is mostly a feature of applications.
However, some drivers from OEMs such as Epson have historically included
driver-based Print Preview. Unfortunately some OEMs have decided not to
update drivers for older printers for Vista, so you are stuck with the
inbox drivers, which do not support Print Preview.

If any OEMs have written their own driver for Vista then you may find
that these include Print Preview, although the improved security may have
made that harder. I haven't looked for this myself since we are still
running XP at home (and I know that our Epson printers are on the list
which Epson have not updated for Vista).

Judy
beeniepcola

Re: print preview
That's what I thought too but I always had a print preview with my printer
until I switched to Vista...so I thought it had something to do with Vista.
But Judy Booth has the best response. Thanks, Judy!

> That's what I thought too but I always had a print preview with my printer
> until I switched to Vista...so I thought it had something to do with
> Vista.
> But Judy Booth has the best response. Thanks, Judy!

I do not know what happened to my original response, only my sig showed up.
I originally said that the HP Driver for my Photosmart 2610 included a print
preview button in the "Finishing" tab.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/imaging

> "Bob Headrick" wrote:
>
>> "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.am.invalid.domain> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Yes, it is.

>> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

athalwolf

Re: print preview

To the right of the print button in Vista is an arrow, click on it and
voila the print preview button appears! arty:

athalwolf

--
athalwolf