pc and printer not communicating

Grumpy66

pc and printer not communicating
I'm using windows basic home edition vista with McAfee and trying to get my
Lexmark Z640 to communicate with the pc. (32 bit system)
After many failed attempts I have finally managed to successfully install
driver for printer from Lexmark website but still recieve error message
"printer unable to communicate with computer" when I try to print a document.

I have changed usb cables and checked power cable but no joy!! Would I be
better off cutting my losses and buying another printer? Problem there is,
this Lexmark printer stated it was vista compatible and obviously isnt! Maybe
I'd be better off sourcing the old xp os!!

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: pc and printer not communicating
It certainly should be compatible.....
http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/seque...9_0_en,00.html

(Fourth one down at the bottom section)

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
Originally written for XP but the same procedures for Vista....

Step 4 must NOT be omitted.
Obviously in Step 6, you do not want XP drivers, but those for Vista.

--
Cari (MS-MVP)

"Grumpy66" <Grumpy66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using windows basic home edition vista with McAfee and trying to get
> my
> Lexmark Z640 to communicate with the pc. (32 bit system)
> After many failed attempts I have finally managed to successfully install
> driver for printer from Lexmark website but still recieve error message
> "printer unable to communicate with computer" when I try to print a
> document.
>
> I have changed usb cables and checked power cable but no joy!! Would I be
> better off cutting my losses and buying another printer? Problem there is,
> this Lexmark printer stated it was vista compatible and obviously isnt!
> Maybe
> I'd be better off sourcing the old xp os!!

very annoyed

RE: pc and printer not communicating
i am also having the same problem, but i went and returned the printer for
and HP and it won't work either, have you gotten yours to work yet? i have
also tried to plug in 3 mouses and 1 camera that won't work

"Grumpy66" wrote:

> I'm using windows basic home edition vista with McAfee and trying to get my
> Lexmark Z640 to communicate with the pc. (32 bit system)
> After many failed attempts I have finally managed to successfully install
> driver for printer from Lexmark website but still recieve error message
> "printer unable to communicate with computer" when I try to print a document.
>
> I have changed usb cables and checked power cable but no joy!! Would I be
> better off cutting my losses and buying another printer? Problem there is,
> this Lexmark printer stated it was vista compatible and obviously isnt! Maybe
> I'd be better off sourcing the old xp os!!

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: pc and printer not communicating
Are ANY of your USB ports working?
--