Spooler sub system

Pat

Spooler sub system
This morning while trying to print a document I received the following
message:"Spooler sub system app has stopped working"When I went to
printers,there are none listed(I have 2)I have no idea where this application
is located,I looked in config file but didnt see it.I assume that is why no
printer is shown.I had updated new drivers for both printers and both were
working Thurs.I did a restore point to 36 hours ago with no luck,and windows
updated are set to auto Could someone inform me what to do.
Thank you
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Spooler sub system
Click on the Start button and type Services in the Start Search box.
In the Services window, scroll down to "Print Spooler". Right-click
on it and select Properties and then Stop. Set the service to Automatic
and then Start the service.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Pat" wrote:

This morning while trying to print a document I received the following
message:"Spooler sub system app has stopped working"When I went to
printers,there are none listed(I have 2)I have no idea where this application
is located,I looked in config file but didnt see it.I assume that is why no
printer is shown.I had updated new drivers for both printers and both were
working Thurs.I did a restore point to 36 hours ago with no luck,and windows
updated are set to auto Could someone inform me what to do.
Thank you
Pat

Re: Spooler sub system

Carey,I did as directed but when I arrived at print spooler it was already
set at auto,I changed setting bvy hitting stop went to manual,started and
then went back and reset to auto will see if it happens again
Thanks
Pat
"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Click on the Start button and type Services in the Start Search box.
> In the Services window, scroll down to "Print Spooler". Right-click
> on it and select Properties and then Stop. Set the service to Automatic
> and then Start the service.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Pat" wrote:
>
> This morning while trying to print a document I received the following
> message:"Spooler sub system app has stopped working"When I went to
> printers,there are none listed(I have 2)I have no idea where this application
> is located,I looked in config file but didnt see it.I assume that is why no
> printer is shown.I had updated new drivers for both printers and both were
> working Thurs.I did a restore point to 36 hours ago with no luck,and windows
> updated are set to auto Could someone inform me what to do.
> Thank you

Pat

RE: Spooler sub system
After resetting print spooler again to auto with same error message.I am now
having the same ,prob as the original message-there are no printers listed in
Cont Panel.I tried to print something get the messgae to install a printer.As
I said earlier I ahd 2 printers installed with updated drivers and they did
work but were deleted again What is it with this OS and printer probs
Thanks
Pat