Spooler Subsystem App problems with network printer

Joy

Spooler Subsystem App problems with network printer
Everytime I go to print a document on my network printer (Oki Data C5500) I
get this message:
----
The Spooler Substyem App has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: spoolsv.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b734
Fault Module Name: OPHD_UM.DLL
Fault Module Version: 0.3.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 445f1841
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000b7f9
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
----
The network printer drive is installed on Windows XP on a HP Desktop
computer and the problem lies with my Vista Basic Dell 1500 laptop not
printing over the network. Other laptops in my household that have Vista do
not have this problem.

I did have it printing over the network, then I installed the Oki Data
printer drive directly onto the laptop, and printed using a USB cable. Now
that I am back to the wireless network it isn't working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Joy
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Spooler Subsystem App problems with network printer
See:
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Joy" <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I go to print a document on my network printer (Oki Data C5500)
> get this message:
> ----
> The Spooler Substyem App has stopped working
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: spoolsv.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b734
> Fault Module Name: OPHD_UM.DLL
> Fault Module Version: 0.3.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 445f1841
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 0000b7f9
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 8d13
> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Additional Information 3: 8d13
> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>
> Read our privacy statement:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
> ----
> The network printer drive is installed on Windows XP on a HP Desktop
> computer and the problem lies with my Vista Basic Dell 1500 laptop not
> printing over the network. Other laptops in my household that have Vista
> do
> not have this problem.
>
> I did have it printing over the network, then I installed the Oki Data
> printer drive directly onto the laptop, and printed using a USB cable.
> Now
> that I am back to the wireless network it isn't working.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Joy

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Spooler Subsystem App problems with network printer
Be sure to send those app crash dump files to Microsoft. They do make their
way to Okidata. Currently there are over 10000 spooler crashes when this
driver accesses an invalid pointer.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> See:
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Joy" <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Everytime I go to print a document on my network printer (Oki Data C5500)
>> get this message:
>> ----
>> The Spooler Substyem App has stopped working
>>
>> Problem signature:
>> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> Application Name: spoolsv.exe
>> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
>> Application Timestamp: 4549b734
>> Fault Module Name: OPHD_UM.DLL
>> Fault Module Version: 0.3.0.0
>> Fault Module Timestamp: 445f1841
>> Exception Code: c0000005
>> Exception Offset: 0000b7f9
>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
>> Locale ID: 1033
>> Additional Information 1: 8d13
>> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>> Additional Information 3: 8d13
>> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>>
>> Read our privacy statement:
>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
>> ----
>> The network printer drive is installed on Windows XP on a HP Desktop
>> computer and the problem lies with my Vista Basic Dell 1500 laptop not
>> printing over the network. Other laptops in my household that have Vista
>> do
>> not have this problem.
>>
>> I did have it printing over the network, then I installed the Oki Data
>> printer drive directly onto the laptop, and printed using a USB cable.
>> Now
>> that I am back to the wireless network it isn't working.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joy

jawaglen@yahoo.com

Re: Spooler Subsystem App problems with network printer
I think the printer and printer driver are of NO issue to this
problem. The problem is deeper than a specific printer driver. I
have a new Sony Vaio running Windows Vista Business. I get the same
problem. I cannot add printers (of several kinds) without getting
the
Microsoft Message:

"Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed. A problem
caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will
notify
you if a solution is available." And an error message comes on that
gives "Operation could not be completed. Error 0x000006be."
Microsoft has no help in the Knowledge Base or tech help site.

The Windows Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services / Print
Spooler can be set to automatic and started but does not stay
started. It shows started but apparently is stopped. It does the
same in Manuel and Started. It does not stay started even though it
shows started.

I wish Microsoft would get this solved. If anyone finds a solution,
please post it or email me.
Thanks
jawag

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Spooler Subsystem App problems with network printer
chttp://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

<jawaglen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1194372776.592509.145460@q3g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
>I think the printer and printer driver are of NO issue to this
> problem. The problem is deeper than a specific printer driver. I
> have a new Sony Vaio running Windows Vista Business. I get the same
> problem. I cannot add printers (of several kinds) without getting
> the
> Microsoft Message:
>
> "Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed. A problem
> caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will
> notify
> you if a solution is available." And an error message comes on that
> gives "Operation could not be completed. Error 0x000006be."
> Microsoft has no help in the Knowledge Base or tech help site.
>

> The Windows Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services / Print
> Spooler can be set to automatic and started but does not stay
> started. It shows started but apparently is stopped. It does the
> same in Manuel and Started. It does not stay started even though it
> shows started.
>

> I wish Microsoft would get this solved. If anyone finds a solution,
> please post it or email me.
> Thanks
> jawag

Dave Collmann

Re: Spooler Subsystem App problems with network printer
I have the EXACT same problem. Same laptop. Same symptoms, just started the
last few days. No new printers installed. I'll check your link below to see
if it helps.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> chttp://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> <jawaglen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1194372776.592509.145460@q3g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
> >I think the printer and printer driver are of NO issue to this
> > problem. The problem is deeper than a specific printer driver. I
> > have a new Sony Vaio running Windows Vista Business. I get the same
> > problem. I cannot add printers (of several kinds) without getting
> > the
> > Microsoft Message:
> >
> > "Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed. A problem
> > caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will
> > notify
> > you if a solution is available." And an error message comes on that
> > gives "Operation could not be completed. Error 0x000006be."
> > Microsoft has no help in the Knowledge Base or tech help site.
> >

> > The Windows Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services / Print
> > Spooler can be set to automatic and started but does not stay
> > started. It shows started but apparently is stopped. It does the
> > same in Manuel and Started. It does not stay started even though it
> > shows started.
> >

> > I wish Microsoft would get this solved. If anyone finds a solution,
> > please post it or email me.
> > Thanks
> > jawag

vanr2000

Re: Spooler Subsystem App problems with network printer

I have had the exact same problem with an HP F4240 printer. I chatted
with HP tech support who assured me it was not the printer or the
drivers because the printer would work fine on the local machine. They
said the problem was on the local machine or the laptop I was trying to
print from wirelessly and referred me to a third party site for software
that guarenteed they could fix the problem for $40.

I thought thanks but no thanks and started Googling solutions. I tried
free 3rd party repair wizards, Microsoft repair wizard and a manual fix,
all with no success. Finally in order to illiminate the possibiity it
was the local machine, I installed another printer that I knew worked on
the network and could be accessed wirelessly. No problems, that
eliminated the local machine and laptop as the issue

The new printer I installed was also an HP, model 5610v. I don't think
the model is relevent other than it worked. But here is the catch. I
wondered if the new drivers would trump some of the files from the
original printer and decided to retest the original printer. Bingo, it
now worked fine. I took it one step further and diconnected the second
printer, but left the basic drivers still installed. Success. The
original printer works fine over the wireless network.

Buttom line, it's possible certain model printers from certain
manufactures have this problem interfacing with the O/S and others
don't. Try adding drivers from the same manufacture for printers you
know work properly and see if they also overwrite the files causing the
problem. I appreciate this is by no means a clean solution and an easy
fix for all, but I know it solved one man's problem. Good Luck!

--
vanr2000
vanr2000's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/111699.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Chuck

Re: Spooler Subsystem App problems with network printer
It may also be that the new driver package over rote registry entries for
the other printer.
This has been an issue that resulted in "cleanup" utilities for specific
Mfrs. and printer models.
(HP among them) This can be quite confusing to track down, since it's
difficult to spot the differences.