Epson Printer Drivers for Vista

DarrylW

Epson Printer Drivers for Vista
I have an Epson tm-t88ii receipt printer that I'd like to use with my Vista
Home Basic OS. Epson does not suport Vista with a driver for this printer.
I have the drivers for Windows 2000, but cannot get Vista to recognize it
when trying to set up the printer. Is there a way to make this work?
Tom Ferguson

Re: Epson Printer Drivers for Vista
I believe the situation with the Windows 2000 driver for this printer is
that it will work with XP as well. That being the case, it probably will
work with Vista 32 bit. However, no one has revised the driver so that it
is properly tested and internally "signed" as Vista compatible. This
process is one usually initiated by the printer maker. In this case, that
would be Epson.

That being said, the news is not totally dismal.

If you start Vista and use the method to see the start menu, you can
select disable driver check on start-up. If you do that, the driver might
install properly. However, each time you start Vista you have to again
disable driver check. That is definitely not a good idea. However, it
might be worth doing to check on the suitability of the driver. Having
done that, try e-mailing Epson support with the results of the test and
ask if and when a Vista driver might be available.

Also, set a system restore point before you start. The system will
probably do that anyway but I am a "belt and braces" for greater
assurance sort of guy.

Good luck.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"DarrylW" <DarrylW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Epson tm-t88ii receipt printer that I'd like to use with my
>Vista
> Home Basic OS. Epson does not suport Vista with a driver for this
> printer.
> I have the drivers for Windows 2000, but cannot get Vista to recognize
> it
> when trying to set up the printer. Is there a way to make this work?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Epson Printer Drivers for Vista
XP drivers 'may' work. If there are no Vista or XP drivers, it almost
certainly will not work.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"DarrylW" <DarrylW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Epson tm-t88ii receipt printer that I'd like to use with my Vista
> Home Basic OS. Epson does not suport Vista with a driver for this
> printer.
> I have the drivers for Windows 2000, but cannot get Vista to recognize it
> when trying to set up the printer. Is there a way to make this work?

DarrylW

Re: Epson Printer Drivers for Vista
Thanks Tom. I'll give it a try.

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> I believe the situation with the Windows 2000 driver for this printer is
> that it will work with XP as well. That being the case, it probably will
> work with Vista 32 bit. However, no one has revised the driver so that it
> is properly tested and internally "signed" as Vista compatible. This
> process is one usually initiated by the printer maker. In this case, that
> would be Epson.
>
> That being said, the news is not totally dismal.
>
> If you start Vista and use the method to see the start menu, you can
> select disable driver check on start-up. If you do that, the driver might
> install properly. However, each time you start Vista you have to again
> disable driver check. That is definitely not a good idea. However, it
> might be worth doing to check on the suitability of the driver. Having
> done that, try e-mailing Epson support with the results of the test and
> ask if and when a Vista driver might be available.
>
> Also, set a system restore point before you start. The system will
> probably do that anyway but I am a "belt and braces" for greater
> assurance sort of guy.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>

> "DarrylW" <DarrylW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an Epson tm-t88ii receipt printer that I'd like to use with my
> >Vista
> > Home Basic OS. Epson does not suport Vista with a driver for this
> > printer.
> > I have the drivers for Windows 2000, but cannot get Vista to recognize
> > it
> > when trying to set up the printer. Is there a way to make this work?

DarrylW

Re: Epson Printer Drivers for Vista
Thanks Carl.