Scanner no longer works with vista

tat2trudy

Scanner no longer works with vista
Hi,
My pc blew up the other day and i went out and got a new one with vista home
premium 32 bit on it.
most of the other things work fine at the moment.
I am having severe problems with my Epson perfection 2480 photo scanner.
All drivers are installed and up to date. However, when i come to use the
thing my pc cant communicate with scanner. can anyone help and is there any
form of patches etc for this.
I have tried everything that is suggested and last resort was vista upgrade
manager which told me my device will not work in windows vista. It's only
two yrs old and i cant afford a new scanner.
can anyone help me out please?
--
Life''s too short to be dull so keep smiling!
Rob

Re: Scanner no longer works with vista

"tat2trudy" <tat2trudy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My pc blew up the other day and i went out and got a new one with vista
> home
> premium 32 bit on it.
> most of the other things work fine at the moment.
> I am having severe problems with my Epson perfection 2480 photo scanner.
> All drivers are installed and up to date. However, when i come to use the
> thing my pc cant communicate with scanner. can anyone help and is there
> any
> form of patches etc for this.
> I have tried everything that is suggested and last resort was vista
> upgrade
> manager which told me my device will not work in windows vista. It's only
> two yrs old and i cant afford a new scanner.
> can anyone help me out please?
> --
> Life''s too short to be dull so keep smiling!

Vista drivers for your product can be found at

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...atform=Windows

Unplug your scanner, clear out any old drivers for it. Reboot. Download and
install correct drivers from link above, connect your scanner and Vista
should find the drivers and configure your scanner correctly. Failing that
I'm unsure of the solution.

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

tat2trudy

Re: Scanner no longer works with vista
cheers for the info chicken, but after seraching all day for a solution i
went to epson site itself and they had drivers for download for my
printer...... thanks for the response anyway XxXxXx
--

"Rob" wrote:

> "tat2trudy" <tat2trudy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > My pc blew up the other day and i went out and got a new one with vista
> > home
> > premium 32 bit on it.
> > most of the other things work fine at the moment.
> > I am having severe problems with my Epson perfection 2480 photo scanner.
> > All drivers are installed and up to date. However, when i come to use the
> > thing my pc cant communicate with scanner. can anyone help and is there
> > any
> > form of patches etc for this.
> > I have tried everything that is suggested and last resort was vista
> > upgrade
> > manager which told me my device will not work in windows vista. It's only
> > two yrs old and i cant afford a new scanner.
> > can anyone help me out please?
> > --
> > Life''s too short to be dull so keep smiling!

> Vista drivers for your product can be found at
>
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...atform=Windows
>
> Unplug your scanner, clear out any old drivers for it. Reboot. Download and
> install correct drivers from link above, connect your scanner and Vista
> should find the drivers and configure your scanner correctly. Failing that
> I'm unsure of the solution.
>
> Rob
>
> --
> Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

JoelwithWindowsVista

Re: Scanner no longer works with vista
I had the same problem with my HP sacnner. I checked the HP website and HP
has no drivers for it in Vista. I wrote to them about it and did not even
receive a response. I suppose they would prefer to sell new scanners rather
than supporting my existing scanner (HP scanjet 3400c). I plugged the thing
back into my old system with Windows Me!

"tat2trudy" wrote:

> cheers for the info chicken, but after seraching all day for a solution i
> went to epson site itself and they had drivers for download for my
> printer...... thanks for the response anyway XxXxXx
> --
> Life''''s too short to be dull so keep smiling!
>

> "Rob" wrote:
>

> > "tat2trudy" <tat2trudy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > My pc blew up the other day and i went out and got a new one with vista
> > > home
> > > premium 32 bit on it.
> > > most of the other things work fine at the moment.
> > > I am having severe problems with my Epson perfection 2480 photo scanner.
> > > All drivers are installed and up to date. However, when i come to use the
> > > thing my pc cant communicate with scanner. can anyone help and is there
> > > any
> > > form of patches etc for this.
> > > I have tried everything that is suggested and last resort was vista
> > > upgrade
> > > manager which told me my device will not work in windows vista. It's only
> > > two yrs old and i cant afford a new scanner.
> > > can anyone help me out please?
> > > --
> > > Life''s too short to be dull so keep smiling!

> > Vista drivers for your product can be found at
> >
> > http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...atform=Windows
> >
> > Unplug your scanner, clear out any old drivers for it. Reboot. Download and
> > install correct drivers from link above, connect your scanner and Vista
> > should find the drivers and configure your scanner correctly. Failing that
> > I'm unsure of the solution.
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > --
> > Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Scanner no longer works with vista
Trudy's scanner is an Epson and 2 years old. Your scanner is an HP and
could be up to 12 years old since it was designed for Windows 95. I see no
correlation between the two problems.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"JoelwithWindowsVista" <JoelwithWindowsVista@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:433D8044-54B8-44F6-89C7-D35BFA42AE37@microsoft.com...
>I had the same problem with my HP sacnner. I checked the HP website and HP
> has no drivers for it in Vista. I wrote to them about it and did not even
> receive a response. I suppose they would prefer to sell new scanners
> rather
> than supporting my existing scanner (HP scanjet 3400c). I plugged the
> thing
> back into my old system with Windows Me!

JoelwithWindowsVista

Re: Scanner no longer works with vista
I was venting my frustration at not being able to use a perfectly functional
piece of office equipment with Windows Vista. Is there a technical reason
that HP cannot come up with a driver for it? Trudy went to dowload a new
driver from Epson for her scanner and found one. I tried to download a driver
for my HP scanner and there wasn't one.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Trudy's scanner is an Epson and 2 years old. Your scanner is an HP and
> could be up to 12 years old since it was designed for Windows 95. I see no
> correlation between the two problems.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "JoelwithWindowsVista" <JoelwithWindowsVista@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:433D8044-54B8-44F6-89C7-D35BFA42AE37@microsoft.com...
> >I had the same problem with my HP sacnner. I checked the HP website and HP
> > has no drivers for it in Vista. I wrote to them about it and did not even
> > receive a response. I suppose they would prefer to sell new scanners
> > rather
> > than supporting my existing scanner (HP scanjet 3400c). I plugged the
> > thing
> > back into my old system with Windows Me!

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Scanner no longer works with vista
Money is the answer here. It's such an old unit that HP does not feel it
worth their while to invest further development in it. They would rather
you purchase something newer. I'm afraid that's the manufacturer's bottom
line.
--

wrote in message news:11175836-7588-4A97-A751-73B7A91C60A2@microsoft.com...
>I was venting my frustration at not being able to use a perfectly
>functional
> piece of office equipment with Windows Vista. Is there a technical reason
> that HP cannot come up with a driver for it? Trudy went to dowload a new
> driver from Epson for her scanner and found one. I tried to download a
> driver
> for my HP scanner and there wasn't one.

lynda Quinn

Re: Scanner no longer works with vista
I gave a Visoneer flat bed scanner and having a hard time with Vista
recognizing it. I've looked everywhere for the solution to this problem and I
cann't afford to buy a new scanner.

"Rob" wrote:

> "tat2trudy" <tat2trudy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > My pc blew up the other day and i went out and got a new one with vista
> > home
> > premium 32 bit on it.
> > most of the other things work fine at the moment.
> > I am having severe problems with my Epson perfection 2480 photo scanner.
> > All drivers are installed and up to date. However, when i come to use the
> > thing my pc cant communicate with scanner. can anyone help and is there
> > any
> > form of patches etc for this.
> > I have tried everything that is suggested and last resort was vista
> > upgrade
> > manager which told me my device will not work in windows vista. It's only
> > two yrs old and i cant afford a new scanner.
> > can anyone help me out please?
> > --
> > Life''s too short to be dull so keep smiling!

> Vista drivers for your product can be found at
>
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...atform=Windows
>
> Unplug your scanner, clear out any old drivers for it. Reboot. Download and
> install correct drivers from link above, connect your scanner and Vista
> should find the drivers and configure your scanner correctly. Failing that
> I'm unsure of the solution.
>
> Rob
>
> --
> Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Scanner no longer works with vista
You need to get the correct drivers from the manufacturer's website.
--

"lynda Quinn" <lynda Quinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I gave a Visoneer flat bed scanner and having a hard time with Vista
> recognizing it. I've looked everywhere for the solution to this problem
> and I
> cann't afford to buy a new scanner.

huwyngr

Re: Scanner no longer works with vista
I'm using my HP SJ5P scsi connected scanner with VISTA, as I did with
W2K and XP, by installing HP's old-time Deskscan 2.9 software that
includes TWAIN for communication.

Works perfectly. Download it from HP; install it using Compatibility
Mode set to XP with SP2 and check Run as Administrator (ask if you need
help on this) and it promptly found the scanner. It includes a very
nice Copier Utility that combines the scanner and your printers into a
first class document copying utility.

You can download the Deskscan 2.9 software from this HP SJ5P XP
Software webpage:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?
os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=58976&lang=en

I can't guarantee that it will work with the SJ3400c but it is worth
trying IMO. Back in the days when I was on the Team HP on Compuserve we
often recommended the Deskscan 2.9 instead of the Precisionscan
software that was being delivered with scanners then. I see your
SJ3400C uses Precisionscan.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.