I sent a fax and it seems to be pending in the Outbox folder.

chetan

I sent a fax and it seems to be pending in the Outbox folder.
Ok i am having this problem with Fax, i wnt to help file and got this. but i
see that the LOCAL FAX DEVICE is configured. I check the fax printer Status,
it is ON. I am able to send fax using SNAPPY FAX software, but able to use
Windows Fax, Some one pplease help me.

Cause: No local fax device is configured to send faxes.

Solution: Enable a local fax device to send faxes, or connect to a remote
fax connection that will enable you to send a fax.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: I sent a fax and it seems to be pending in the Outbox folder.
So are you saying you have more than one fax program configured on this
partition? Not recommended.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"chetan" <chetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok i am having this problem with Fax, i wnt to help file and got this. but
> see that the LOCAL FAX DEVICE is configured. I check the fax printer
> Status,
> it is ON. I am able to send fax using SNAPPY FAX software, but able to use
> Windows Fax, Some one pplease help me.
>
> Cause: No local fax device is configured to send faxes.
>
> Solution: Enable a local fax device to send faxes, or connect to a
> remote
> fax connection that will enable you to send a fax.

chetan

Re: I sent a fax and it seems to be pending in the Outbox folder.
No, I am saying 3rd party fax software works. I installed 3rd party s/w.
After removing Win XP fax( from add remove prgs). Then i install 3rd party
s/w. Then i remove 3rd party s/w . restart PC. Then install Win XP fax, it
dnt work.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> So are you saying you have more than one fax program configured on this
> partition? Not recommended.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "chetan" <chetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok i am having this problem with Fax, i wnt to help file and got this. but
> > see that the LOCAL FAX DEVICE is configured. I check the fax printer
> > Status,
> > it is ON. I am able to send fax using SNAPPY FAX software, but able to use
> > Windows Fax, Some one pplease help me.
> >
> > Cause: No local fax device is configured to send faxes.
> >
> > Solution: Enable a local fax device to send faxes, or connect to a
> > remote
> > fax connection that will enable you to send a fax.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: I sent a fax and it seems to be pending in the Outbox folder.
I wouldn't expect it to. XP Fax is intolerant of many common modems. It is
especially intolerant of other fax software and will frequently not work
work if another TAPI based fax program has ever initialized the modem.
Uninstalling the fax software will not change those modem settings.