Problem printing in Wireless printer

Pedro Sendas Pereira

Problem printing in Wireless printer
Hi

I have a HP PSC-1315 printer connected to the router Asus WL-500GP.

I've installed latest drivers from HP.

The router IP is 192.168.1.1

In Windows XP it all went well (I was able to print with no problems, after
creating a TCP/IP port) but in Vista I can only print half of the first page
I try to print. After that, the printer stops printing and in the printer
icon at the status appear Error...

Then I have to stop de printer spooler and then start it again...

I've tried everything and I can't solve this...

Is there anyone out there that can help me?

Thank you

Pedro Sendas Pereira

Re: Problem printing in Wireless printer
No ideas?

"Pedro Sendas Pereira" <sendas@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a HP PSC-1315 printer connected to the router Asus WL-500GP.
>
> I've installed latest drivers from HP.
>
> The router IP is 192.168.1.1
>
> In Windows XP it all went well (I was able to print with no problems,
> after creating a TCP/IP port) but in Vista I can only print half of the
> first page I try to print. After that, the printer stops printing and in
> the printer icon at the status appear Error...
>
> Then I have to stop de printer spooler and then start it again...
>
> I've tried everything and I can't solve this...
>
> Is there anyone out there that can help me?
>
> Thank you

Pedro Sendas Pereira

Re: Problem printing in Wireless printer
I see that there is a lot of people with networking printer problems in
Vista...

Can'y anyone help me please?

Thanks

> No ideas?
>
> "Pedro Sendas Pereira" <sendas@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a HP PSC-1315 printer connected to the router Asus WL-500GP.
>>
>> I've installed latest drivers from HP.
>>
>> The router IP is 192.168.1.1
>>
>> In Windows XP it all went well (I was able to print with no problems,
>> after creating a TCP/IP port) but in Vista I can only print half of the
>> first page I try to print. After that, the printer stops printing and in
>> the printer icon at the status appear Error...
>>
>> Then I have to stop de printer spooler and then start it again...
>>
>> I've tried everything and I can't solve this...
>>
>> Is there anyone out there that can help me?
>>
>> Thank you

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Problem printing in Wireless printer
If bidirectional is enabled, try disabling..

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

>I see that there is a lot of people with networking printer problems in
>Vista...
>
> Can'y anyone help me please?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Pedro Sendas Pereira" <sendas@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> No ideas?
>>
>> "Pedro Sendas Pereira" <sendas@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have a HP PSC-1315 printer connected to the router Asus WL-500GP.
>>>
>>> I've installed latest drivers from HP.
>>>
>>> The router IP is 192.168.1.1
>>>
>>> In Windows XP it all went well (I was able to print with no problems,
>>> after creating a TCP/IP port) but in Vista I can only print half of the
>>> first page I try to print. After that, the printer stops printing and in
>>> the printer icon at the status appear Error...
>>>
>>> Then I have to stop de printer spooler and then start it again...
>>>
>>> I've tried everything and I can't solve this...
>>>
>>> Is there anyone out there that can help me?
>>>
>>> Thank you

Pedro Sendas Pereira

Re: Problem printing in Wireless printer
That doesn't work either... :|

I've been talking to HP but they don't seem to know what is happening...

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If bidirectional is enabled, try disabling..
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "Pedro Sendas Pereira" <sendas@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I see that there is a lot of people with networking printer problems in
>>Vista...
>>
>> Can'y anyone help me please?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Pedro Sendas Pereira" <sendas@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> No ideas?

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Problem printing in Wireless printer
How about disabling SNMP on the port configuration.

Is there any HP monitoring software that may need network access to the
device?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> That doesn't work either... :|
>
> I've been talking to HP but they don't seem to know what is happening...
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If bidirectional is enabled, try disabling..
>>

>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team

>> rights.
>>
>> "Pedro Sendas Pereira" <sendas@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I see that there is a lot of people with networking printer problems in
>>>Vista...
>>>
>>> Can'y anyone help me please?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Paul Armstrong

Re: Problem printing in Wireless printer
I have the same problem...it turns out that Windows Vista Home Basic does not
allow wireless printing...I confirmed this with Toshiba who made my laptop.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> How about disabling SNMP on the port configuration.
>
> Is there any HP monitoring software that may need network access to the
> device?
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Pedro Sendas Pereira" <sendas@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > That doesn't work either... :|
> >
> > I've been talking to HP but they don't seem to know what is happening...
> >
> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> If bidirectional is enabled, try disabling..
> >>

> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> >> rights.

Pedro Sendas Pereira

Re: Problem printing in Wireless printer
SNMP is enabled...