Windows Visata fax Error: Cannot find Document Folder

Wajeeh Bajwa

Windows Visata fax Error: Cannot find Document Folder
When I try to send fax by printing to Fax in Windows Vista Ultimate I get an
error message that "Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your
document folder. Please ensure that Windows can access that folder".

Any idea or suggestion?

BTW: I can access documents folder from Icon from the desktop of from
Windows Explorer.
Yours,
Wajeeh Bajwa
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Windows Visata fax Error: Cannot find Document Folder
It would appear you moved your Document Folder to an unsupported location.
Provide more information.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Wajeeh Bajwa" <Wajeeh Bajwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to send fax by printing to Fax in Windows Vista Ultimate I get
> an
> error message that "Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access
> your
> document folder. Please ensure that Windows can access that folder".
>
> Any idea or suggestion?
>
> BTW: I can access documents folder from Icon from the desktop of from
> Windows Explorer.
> Yours,
> Wajeeh Bajwa

Wajeeh Bajwa

Re: Windows Visata fax Error: Cannot find Document Folder
Yes, I moved my document folder to Drive D:.

My experiments and research showed that document folder cannot be a root
directory. I had to create a folder on drive D which is now identified as my
"document folder' and this program works fine. It is strange that a root
folder cannot be used as "Document Folder". I think MS needs to look at this
issue and any folder whether or not a root folder should be allowed as
document folder.

Wajeeh Bajwa

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> It would appear you moved your Document Folder to an unsupported location.
> Provide more information.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Wajeeh Bajwa" <Wajeeh Bajwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to send fax by printing to Fax in Windows Vista Ultimate I get
> > an
> > error message that "Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access
> > your
> > document folder. Please ensure that Windows can access that folder".
> >
> > Any idea or suggestion?
> >
> > BTW: I can access documents folder from Icon from the desktop of from
> > Windows Explorer.
> > Yours,
> > Wajeeh Bajwa

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Windows Visata fax Error: Cannot find Document Folder
Microsoft has looked at it and the answer has been posted here many times.
Do not put your Documents Folder on the root drive.