psc 1210 all in one printer

Bill

psc 1210 all in one printer
I just purchased a new HP PC with Vista and I am using my existing pc. The
problem I just ran into is when my printer ran out of paper and I loaded it
up the software kept saying the paper tray was empty. I ended up restarting
my pc to get it to see the paper in the tray. Does anyone have any idea what
happened? I never had this problem when I was using XP. Oh, by the way, it
wouldn't allow me to load the software that came with the printer (and
scanner), which means I have to go to the photo gallery and can only scan one
page to a file at a time, not like before (with xp) when I could scan
multiple pages per file.

Thank you.
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: psc 1210 all in one printer
On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 10:12:02 -0700, Bill
<Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I just purchased a new HP PC with Vista and I am using my existing pc.

?? Sorry? Do you mean "I am using my existing *printer*?

> The
> problem I just ran into is when my printer ran out of paper and I loaded it
> up the software kept saying the paper tray was empty. I ended up restarting
> my pc to get it to see the paper in the tray. Does anyone have any idea what
> happened? I never had this problem when I was using XP. Oh, by the way, it
> wouldn't allow me to load the software that came with the printer (and
> scanner), which means I have to go to the photo gallery and can only scan one
> page to a file at a time, not like before (with xp) when I could scan
> multiple pages per file.

Did you install the correct Vista driver for the printer?

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Bill

Re: psc 1210 all in one printer
Thanks. Yes, I meant I'm using my existing printer. I did not know there
was a driver I had to download for my printer. Will a new driver solve the
problem of the computer not recognizing when the paper tray has been reloaded?
Thanks.

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 10:12:02 -0700, Bill
> <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I just purchased a new HP PC with Vista and I am using my existing pc.

> ?? Sorry? Do you mean "I am using my existing *printer*?
>

> > The
> > problem I just ran into is when my printer ran out of paper and I loaded it
> > up the software kept saying the paper tray was empty. I ended up restarting
> > my pc to get it to see the paper in the tray. Does anyone have any idea what
> > happened? I never had this problem when I was using XP. Oh, by the way, it
> > wouldn't allow me to load the software that came with the printer (and
> > scanner), which means I have to go to the photo gallery and can only scan one
> > page to a file at a time, not like before (with xp) when I could scan
> > multiple pages per file.

> Did you install the correct Vista driver for the printer?
>
> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: psc 1210 all in one printer
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 07:27:02 -0700, Bill
<Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks. Yes, I meant I'm using my existing printer. I did not know there
> was a driver I had to download for my printer. Will a new driver solve the
> problem of the computer not recognizing when the paper tray has been reloaded?
> Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know what the correct driver will or will not do. But I
can tell you that there's an excellent chance that it will solve your
problem.

> "Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 10:12:02 -0700, Bill
> > <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I just purchased a new HP PC with Vista and I am using my existing pc.

> > ?? Sorry? Do you mean "I am using my existing *printer*?
> >

> > > The
> > > problem I just ran into is when my printer ran out of paper and I loaded it
> > > up the software kept saying the paper tray was empty. I ended up restarting
> > > my pc to get it to see the paper in the tray. Does anyone have any idea what
> > > happened? I never had this problem when I was using XP. Oh, by the way, it
> > > wouldn't allow me to load the software that came with the printer (and
> > > scanner), which means I have to go to the photo gallery and can only scan one
> > > page to a file at a time, not like before (with xp) when I could scan
> > > multiple pages per file.

> > Did you install the correct Vista driver for the printer?
> >
> > --
> > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
> > Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Bill

Re: psc 1210 all in one printer
Thank you Ken, I will check it out.

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 07:27:02 -0700, Bill
> <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks. Yes, I meant I'm using my existing printer. I did not know there
> > was a driver I had to download for my printer. Will a new driver solve the
> > problem of the computer not recognizing when the paper tray has been reloaded?
> > Thanks.

> Sorry, I don't know what the correct driver will or will not do. But I
> can tell you that there's an excellent chance that it will solve your
> problem.
>

> > "Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

> > > ?? Sorry? Do you mean "I am using my existing *printer*?

> > > Did you install the correct Vista driver for the printer?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
> > > Please Reply to the Newsgroup
> > >

> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: psc 1210 all in one printer
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 09:02:01 -0700, Bill