Printer problem

Sub-amateur hackerJoe

Printer problem
Had no prior problems, Lexmark X4270 printer stopped in middle of small print
out - after ejecting one page. Got notice: "AIOC has stopped working" and
it offered to search net for a fix. Then it vanished. Checked
troubleshooting section in Lexmark help , but indicated printer was "ready".
Vista will do almost anything but the laundry, but in doesn't seem to
understand when I try to talk to it. I had difficulties a little way back -
but finally downloaded the correct driver from Lexmark. I still have an
4019 IBM laser printer (by Lexmark) and can't get a driver that works in
Vista. Now, I can't print anything. This whole Vista experience is a
humbling one, and I'm beginning to feel like an idiot. Please, somebody
help. Mucho grassy in advance.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printer problem
First thing to do is uninstall and reinstall the printer... it sounds like
the drivers have become corrupted.

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm

Lexmark should have an uninstall utility on their website to make sure you
get rid of all the driver remnants.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Sub-amateur hackerJoe" <SubamateurhackerJoe@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:48118219-4577-4FC7-A274-856F5DB870D6@microsoft.com...
> Had no prior problems, Lexmark X4270 printer stopped in middle of small
> print
> out - after ejecting one page. Got notice: "AIOC has stopped working"
> and
> it offered to search net for a fix. Then it vanished. Checked
> troubleshooting section in Lexmark help , but indicated printer was
> "ready".
> Vista will do almost anything but the laundry, but in doesn't seem to
> understand when I try to talk to it. I had difficulties a little way
> back -
> but finally downloaded the correct driver from Lexmark. I still have an
> 4019 IBM laser printer (by Lexmark) and can't get a driver that works in
> Vista. Now, I can't print anything. This whole Vista experience is a
> humbling one, and I'm beginning to feel like an idiot. Please, somebody
> help. Mucho grassy in advance.

paininmybutt

RE: Printer problem
I can't get my printer to print, what is the manufactuers drive? It's running
a test page,but nothings on the page!

"Sub-amateur hackerJoe" wrote:

> Had no prior problems, Lexmark X4270 printer stopped in middle of small print
> out - after ejecting one page. Got notice: "AIOC has stopped working" and
> it offered to search net for a fix. Then it vanished. Checked
> troubleshooting section in Lexmark help , but indicated printer was "ready".
> Vista will do almost anything but the laundry, but in doesn't seem to
> understand when I try to talk to it. I had difficulties a little way back -
> but finally downloaded the correct driver from Lexmark. I still have an
> 4019 IBM laser printer (by Lexmark) and can't get a driver that works in
> Vista. Now, I can't print anything. This whole Vista experience is a
> humbling one, and I'm beginning to feel like an idiot. Please, somebody
> help. Mucho grassy in advance.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printer problem
A little more info needed.

Make and model of printer? When did it last work correctly? Does it have
enough ink in it? etc etc
--
Cari (MS-MVP)