Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Printer Disappears under Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2007
DJT
 

Posts: n/a
Printer Disappears under Vista
I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium.

I have 2 printers connected - a HP 5160 which has limited usablity
thanks to the basic driver from HP - no cartridge cleaning or ink
level.

I also have a HP PSC 6100 connected.
This printer often disappears when it is turned on.
I get the message 'New hardware found -installing drivers'
The current printer disappears from 'Control Panel- Printers'

If I then disconnect the USB cable at the printer and reinsert it I
get the 'Installing driver' message and when it is finished the
printer is available.
I lose all the changes to printing preferences I have made and it
makes itself Default.

I run the other printer as default as it has a duplex unit installed.

Having the PSC 1610 dissappearing is a pain.

Does anyone have any isead why this is happening and if it can be
fixed

Thanks


DJT
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2007
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer Disappears under Vista
Check in Device Manager as to whether your USB ports are set to 'sleep' to
save power. If so, disable this 'feature'.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"DJT" <dtope@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message
news:597gg35g1jnobk06879ro4faovvl7dugpd@4ax.com...
>I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium.
>
> I have 2 printers connected - a HP 5160 which has limited usablity
> thanks to the basic driver from HP - no cartridge cleaning or ink
> level.
>
> I also have a HP PSC 6100 connected.
> This printer often disappears when it is turned on.
> I get the message 'New hardware found -installing drivers'
> The current printer disappears from 'Control Panel- Printers'
>
> If I then disconnect the USB cable at the printer and reinsert it I
> get the 'Installing driver' message and when it is finished the
> printer is available.
> I lose all the changes to printing preferences I have made and it
> makes itself Default.
>
> I run the other printer as default as it has a duplex unit installed.
>
> Having the PSC 1610 dissappearing is a pain.
>
> Does anyone have any isead why this is happening and if it can be
> fixed
>
> Thanks
>
>
> DJT


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2007
DJT
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer Disappears under Vista
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:16:29 -0700, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
<NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote:

>Check in Device Manager as to whether your USB ports are set to 'sleep' to
>save power. If so, disable this 'feature'.


Thanks for the suggestion but I cannot find any item in the USB device
that indicates a sleep option.

DJT
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2007
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer Disappears under Vista

"DJT" <dtope@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message
news:i9bmg3dis586hrrgmadhqk48v9klabjgpr@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:16:29 -0700, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
> <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote:
>
>>Check in Device Manager as to whether your USB ports are set to 'sleep' to
>>save power. If so, disable this 'feature'.

>
> Thanks for the suggestion but I cannot find any item in the USB device
> that indicates a sleep option.
>
> DJT


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2007
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer Disappears under Vista
Oops, sorry for the blank post.

Device Manager, Universal Serial Bus Controllers, USB Root Hub... under
properties of each and every one.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"DJT" <dtope@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message
news:i9bmg3dis586hrrgmadhqk48v9klabjgpr@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:16:29 -0700, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
> <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote:
>
>>Check in Device Manager as to whether your USB ports are set to 'sleep' to
>>save power. If so, disable this 'feature'.

>
> Thanks for the suggestion but I cannot find any item in the USB device
> that indicates a sleep option.
>
> DJT


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HP Photosmart 6100 Series Printer Disappears Biff microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 03-20-2009 23:06
New Contact Window Disappears (Vista user) Retired-Ken microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 6 10-22-2007 06:16
Printer disappears Andreas Y. microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 09-21-2007 19:59
Vista disappears from boot loader. How to bring it back? white lightning microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 11 07-03-2007 13:15
Re: With a computer of Vista, a trash box disappears Manuel Maza microsoft.public.es.windowsvista 0 04-02-2007 12:26




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:44.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120