Spooler failure

aldon

Spooler failure
I have a Dell computer with Vista and a HP printer laser jet 1020. They
both have been working perfectly since Feb 2007. But, now I can't print
anything and I keep getting the message "Spooler Subsystem App was closed.
Data Execution Prevention has closed the Spooler Subsystem App." I followed
all the instructions and tried everything, but nothing works.
I restart the spooler and before I can try to print, it stops again. I
tried the add a printer and got the message Windows can't open Add Printer.
The local spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or
restart the machine. I did that and nothing. Can someone help, please?
--
Aldon
Tom ferguson

Re: Spooler failure
The message suggests to me that there might be a malware infection
(Trojan, virus, @co). I would delete the printer driver, restart the
machine and do a thorough spyware and virus check. |9Windows Defender,
Avast or Nod32 or the like). Then I would reinstall the driver and try
printing.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"aldon" <aldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Dell computer with Vista and a HP printer laser jet 1020.
>They
> both have been working perfectly since Feb 2007. But, now I can't
> print
> anything and I keep getting the message "Spooler Subsystem App was
> closed.
> Data Execution Prevention has closed the Spooler Subsystem App." I
> followed
> all the instructions and tried everything, but nothing works.
> I restart the spooler and before I can try to print, it stops again.
> tried the add a printer and got the message Windows can't open Add
> Printer.
> The local spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler
> or
> restart the machine. I did that and nothing. Can someone help,
> please?
> --
> Aldon

aldon

Re: Spooler failure
Tom, Thanks for your response. It worked great, but I didn't find any
infection. But everything works now. Thanks again.
--
Aldon