Colors are printing inacuratly

Abby

Colors are printing inacuratly
When I try to print the color Red it prints on my HP Deskjet 840C as Pink.
How do I fix this? And yes, I just put in a brand new cartridge. Probably
threw out a brand new cartridge replacing it.
Tony

Re: Colors are printing inacuratly
Abby <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>When I try to print the color Red it prints on my HP Deskjet 840C as Pink.
>How do I fix this? And yes, I just put in a brand new cartridge. Probably
>threw out a brand new cartridge replacing it.

What does the internal test page look like (press and hold the Resume button
until the printer starts to print), does the colour look OK? If it does then
the problem may be with the application you are using or even the printer
driver.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Abby

"Tony" wrote:

> Abby <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >When I try to print the color Red it prints on my HP Deskjet 840C as Pink.
> >How do I fix this? And yes, I just put in a brand new cartridge. Probably
> >threw out a brand new cartridge replacing it.

> What does the internal test page look like (press and hold the Resume button
> until the printer starts to print), does the colour look OK? If it does then
> the problem may be with the application you are using or even the printer
> driver.
> Tony
> MS MVP Printing/Imaging

I printed the internal test page as you described above, however, it came
out pink as red, no yellow and light blue. So what do I do if the color is
not ok on the test page?
Tony

Re: Colors are printing inacuratly
Abby <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>"Tony" wrote:
>
>> Abby <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> >When I try to print the color Red it prints on my HP Deskjet 840C as Pink.
>> >How do I fix this? And yes, I just put in a brand new cartridge. Probably
>> >threw out a brand new cartridge replacing it.

>> What does the internal test page look like (press and hold the Resume button
>> until the printer starts to print), does the colour look OK? If it does then
>> the problem may be with the application you are using or even the printer
>> driver.
>> Tony
>> MS MVP Printing/Imaging
>>

>I printed the internal test page as you described above, however, it came
>out pink as red, no yellow and light blue. So what do I do if the color is
>not ok on the test page?

Take the colour cartridge out and press the printhead portion (that is the gold
coloured part with three sets of tiny nozzles at the very bottom, underneath
the cartridge. Not the rows of gold contacts at the back of the cartridge) on
to a folded damp paper towel for about half a second, make sure the towel is on
a stainless sink or something that won't mind a little ink. Don't touch the
nozzles with your fingers. You should get three distinct patterns, Cyan, Yellow
and Magenta. If any of these is missing or not the correct colour your new
cartridge is faulty. Ask for a replacement in that case. If the impression is
good, clean the contacts as shown at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...reg_R1002_USEN
This shows a different problem but the cause could be the same.
Good luck.

Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick

"Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I printed the internal test page as you described above, however, it came
> out pink as red, no yellow and light blue. So what do I do if the color
> is
> not ok on the test page?

This is usually caused by a very old cartridge Check the "install by" date
on the package, or if that has been thrown away look for the warranty date
as shown at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...cname=bua02014

If the cartridge is still in its two year warranty period contact your
dealer for a replacement. If the cartridge is beyond its warranty period
replace it with a fresh cartridge. When buying a new cartridge I would look
for one with an "install by" date at least six months in the future, which
would have a year of remaining warranty.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging