Epson Stylus CX6400 Printing Preferences

James

Epson Stylus CX6400 Printing Preferences
Does anyone know if there will be an update to the Printing Preferences for
the Epson Stylus CX6400?

I bought my CX6400 about three years ago and was completely happy with it
until I bought a new computer this spring with Windows Vista Home Premium,
and lost the ability to do several things within the Printing Preferences,
namely:

1. Changing the Quality Option. I have to go into the Control Panel and
change this option before I print. My default Quality Option is Draft to
conserve ink, but when I want to print a nice "finished" product, back to
the Control Panel...

2. No option for double sided printing as I had with Windows XP.

3. And the top item I really miss is the Print Preview the Printing
Preferences offered in Windows XP. I could see exactly what was going to be
printed and how it would look. Now is Vista, I'm reprinting many items
because I'm not sure how the finished product is going to look.

I have downloaded all the latest drivers, as of about a month ago, and
nothing brings back these missing options.

I even sent an e-mail to Epson early on, and the response was something
like, "This is a Windows problem. Epson is not going to write any new
software for your printer." Hmmm....

Someone mentioned several months ago when I posted a similar question that
maybe it was time to buy a newer "all in one" printer, but I sure hate to
get rid of a perfectly good CX6400.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice/comments.

James

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Epson Stylus CX6400 Printing Preferences
If Epson are not going to improve what they have done already, that's it for
what the printer can now do. It's entirely up to you whether you live with
that or put the printer on eBay and get something newer with more
capabilities.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows