Wirelss Printing = PML Driver/Host Process for Windows Stopped

fhertlein

Wirelss Printing = PML Driver/Host Process for Windows Stopped
x64 Ultimate and a Linksys router.

HP 7410xi Multifunction Printer works fine if I use the USB cable and no
error messages.

If I print over the wireless setup, the pages print, but I will receive this
error every single time.

Another system with Vista x86 Business works perfectly over the wireless
network, with full functionality.

I am trying to avoid having additional cables attached, which is why I
purchased a printer with built-in wireless capabilities.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Wirelss Printing = PML Driver/Host Process for Windows Stopped
go to HP.com. There are several articles on this process failing on Windows
2000 and greater.

http://search.hp.com/query.html?lang...ss&la=en&cc=us

there is also a security update but I assume you picked up the latest driver
from HP for this so it would be included in that..

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"fhertlein" <fhertlein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> x64 Ultimate and a Linksys router.
>
> HP 7410xi Multifunction Printer works fine if I use the USB cable and no
> error messages.
>
> If I print over the wireless setup, the pages print, but I will receive
> this
> error every single time.
>
> Another system with Vista x86 Business works perfectly over the wireless
> network, with full functionality.
>
> I am trying to avoid having additional cables attached, which is why I
> purchased a printer with built-in wireless capabilities.

fhertlein

Re: Wirelss Printing = PML Driver/Host Process for Windows Stopped
Thanks for the reply Alan, however, I first went to the HP knowledge base and
their forums, and their solutions do not work or are not applicable.

Hence, my post here, since I thought it might have somthing to do with the
wireless communications.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> go to HP.com. There are several articles on this process failing on Windows
> 2000 and greater.
>

> http://search.hp.com/query.html?lang...ss&la=en&cc=us
>
> there is also a security update but I assume you picked up the latest driver
> from HP for this so it would be included in that..
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "fhertlein" <fhertlein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > x64 Ultimate and a Linksys router.
> >
> > HP 7410xi Multifunction Printer works fine if I use the USB cable and no
> > error messages.
> >
> > If I print over the wireless setup, the pages print, but I will receive
> > this
> > error every single time.
> >
> > Another system with Vista x86 Business works perfectly over the wireless
> > network, with full functionality.
> >
> > I am trying to avoid having additional cables attached, which is why I
> > purchased a printer with built-in wireless capabilities.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Wirelss Printing = PML Driver/Host Process for Windows Stopped
Did you disable the process as suggested? It should not be failing if it
does not run.