Security Breech!!!

thdrummer09

Security Breech!!!
I have no idea what to do, I just got a new HP laptop last spring, and
already problems arise. In Internet Explorer, new toolbars began showing up
from websites I've never visited, my homepage changed, links always take me
to http://safetysettings.com/v/, and a yellow "yield" alert sign is blinking
in my system tray that isn't the microsoft/windows one. Finally, a pop-up
randomly appears telling me I have either a worm, virus, or trojan. Please
help me, defender tried to block it, failed, then HP doesn't even recognize
it. I can't afford another computer because of some retard who's out to
break others' computers.
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Security Breech!!!
Get a free PC safety scan
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

"thdrummer09" <thdrummer09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15F54AED-AAC5-4FB4-9F43-AD0C5ADA8221@microsoft.com...
I have no idea what to do, I just got a new HP laptop last spring, and
already problems arise. In Internet Explorer, new toolbars began showing up
from websites I've never visited, my homepage changed, links always take me
to http://safetysettings.com/v/, and a yellow "yield" alert sign is blinking
in my system tray that isn't the microsoft/windows one. Finally, a pop-up
randomly appears telling me I have either a worm, virus, or trojan. Please
help me, defender tried to block it, failed, then HP doesn't even recognize
it. I can't afford another computer because of some retard who's out to
break others' computers.
Malke

Re: Security Breech!!!
Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Get a free PC safety scan
> http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm
>

> "thdrummer09" <thdrummer09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15F54AED-AAC5-4FB4-9F43-AD0C5ADA8221@microsoft.com...
> I have no idea what to do, I just got a new HP laptop last spring, and
> already problems arise. In Internet Explorer, new toolbars began showing up
> from websites I've never visited, my homepage changed, links always take me
> to http://safetysettings.com/v/, and a yellow "yield" alert sign is blinking
> in my system tray that isn't the microsoft/windows one. Finally, a pop-up
> randomly appears telling me I have either a worm, virus, or trojan. Please
> help me, defender tried to block it, failed, then HP doesn't even recognize
> it. I can't afford another computer because of some retard who's out to
> break others' computers.

The free PC safety scan from OneCare Live will be useless. The OP is
infected with - at the very least - some version of the Zlob trojan,
probably connected with the AntiVirGear malware. Here is a link to
AntiVirGear removal instructions:

If "thdrummer09" finds these difficult to follow, s/he should register
at BleepingComputer (or one of the other HijackThis sites listed below
in no particular order) and get expert guided help. Doing this is
probably the best solution for him/her because there is a strong
probability that the computer is infected with more than just Zlob.

http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm - HijackThis tutorial by Merijn
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...howtutorial=42 -
another tutorial