How do I set up my network printer?

Sam Korson

How do I set up my network printer?
Hi. I'm using Vista Home Premium x64 version and trying to set up my
network printer. It is a Canon Bubble Jet BJC-4100. It is connected to
another compy on my network. I tried setting it up on LTP1 like it was on
the upstairs one and networked port for Canon port and Generic card. I
tried setting it up as a network printer, but then it asks me for a driver
that doesn't seem to exist. My question is, how do I set it up so I can
print through the other comp's port on its driver?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: How do I set up my network printer?
See:
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Sam Korson" <sam.korson@charter.net> wrote in message
> Hi. I'm using Vista Home Premium x64 version and trying to set up my
> network printer. It is a Canon Bubble Jet BJC-4100. It is connected to
> another compy on my network. I tried setting it up on LTP1 like it was on
> the upstairs one and networked port for Canon port and Generic card. I
> tried setting it up as a network printer, but then it asks me for a driver
> that doesn't seem to exist. My question is, how do I set it up so I can
> print through the other comp's port on its driver?

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: How do I set up my network printer?
The 4100 x64 driver is not included in Vista x64. Does Canon have the x64
driver on their website? The x64 driver must be loaded on the x64 system,
it cannot use the 32 bit driver which resides on the other computer.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> See:
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Sam Korson" <sam.korson@charter.net> wrote in message
>> Hi. I'm using Vista Home Premium x64 version and trying to set up my
>> network printer. It is a Canon Bubble Jet BJC-4100. It is connected to
>> another compy on my network. I tried setting it up on LTP1 like it was
>> on the upstairs one and networked port for Canon port and Generic card.
>> I tried setting it up as a network printer, but then it asks me for a
>> driver that doesn't seem to exist. My question is, how do I set it up so
>> I can print through the other comp's port on its driver?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: How do I set up my network printer?
Hmmm probably not, the BJC-4xxx series dates from the first days of Windows
95 (a) and Windows 3.1. Unless there's something in-box.......

I'm actually surprised it's still working. Both my BJC-4000 and 4550 are
long dead.