HP Photosmart C5280 Printer - Scanner - Copier

jaz33063

HP Photosmart C5280 Printer - Scanner - Copier
I recently purchased this printer. However, after installing, uninstalling,
reinstalling, communicating with HP I cannot scan to my desktop. Does anyone
have a fix for this?
--
jaz33063
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP Photosmart C5280 Printer - Scanner - Copier
I presume you have the latest drivers:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 04464&lang=en

It's always a good idea to read the printer manual, but HP have a quick
article on how to scan:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...s=2093&lang=en
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"jaz33063" <jaz33063@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased this printer. However, after installing, uninstalling,
> reinstalling, communicating with HP I cannot scan to my desktop. Does
> anyone
> have a fix for this?
> --
> jaz33063

anonymous

Re: HP Photosmart C5280 Printer - Scanner - Copier
I have a similar problem with both the HP Officejet Pro L7680 and Officejet
Pro L 7780. HP tells me that all of their drivers are built upon the same
foundation, so I imagine our problems are related. They also insist that my
problem is unique!

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> I presume you have the latest drivers:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 04464&lang=en
>
> It's always a good idea to read the printer manual, but HP have a quick
> article on how to scan:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...s=2093&lang=en
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "jaz33063" <jaz33063@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently purchased this printer. However, after installing, uninstalling,
> > reinstalling, communicating with HP I cannot scan to my desktop. Does
> > anyone
> > have a fix for this?
> > --
> > jaz33063

Malke

anonymous wrote:
> I have a similar problem with both the HP Officejet Pro L7680 and Officejet
> Pro L 7780. HP tells me that all of their drivers are built upon the same
> foundation, so I imagine our problems are related. They also insist that my
> problem is unique!

You've posted in various places, to a thread of your own and to other
people's threads, and I need to tell you that probably your problem *is*
unique. I've installed quite a few HP printers of various kinds on
clients' machines and have had zero difficulties. These printers have
been network printers and local printers and various models. So for you
to say that all HP printers are bad as you've done is simply wrong. Yes,
you couldn't make your printers work. No, I have no idea why. And now
that you've gotten rid of the printers there is no point in
troubleshooting them. You don't have them any more so you can't do
anything we might suggest and there is no way to know why you were
unable to get them working.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Sir Sly

Re: HP Photosmart C5280 Printer - Scanner - Copier
Your problem is not unique!! I have a Lexmark 8350 All-in-One and I have the
same problems. Lexmark has sent me all the possible drivers and Vista still
won't recognize that my scanner or fax even exists!!!!

"anonymous" wrote:

> I have a similar problem with both the HP Officejet Pro L7680 and Officejet
> Pro L 7780. HP tells me that all of their drivers are built upon the same
> foundation, so I imagine our problems are related. They also insist that my
> problem is unique!
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > I presume you have the latest drivers:
> > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 04464&lang=en
> >
> > It's always a good idea to read the printer manual, but HP have a quick
> > article on how to scan:
> > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...s=2093&lang=en
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> > http://www.coribright.com/windows
> >
> > "jaz33063" <jaz33063@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I recently purchased this printer. However, after installing, uninstalling,
> > > reinstalling, communicating with HP I cannot scan to my desktop. Does
> > > anyone
> > > have a fix for this?
> > > --
> > > jaz33063

jaz33063

Re: HP Photosmart C5280 Printer - Scanner - Copier
I've tried all of your suggestions. I'm still getting the error message
"hpqscnvw has stopped working".
--
jaz33063

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> I presume you have the latest drivers:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 04464&lang=en
>
> It's always a good idea to read the printer manual, but HP have a quick
> article on how to scan:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...s=2093&lang=en
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "jaz33063" <jaz33063@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently purchased this printer. However, after installing, uninstalling,
> > reinstalling, communicating with HP I cannot scan to my desktop. Does
> > anyone
> > have a fix for this?
> > --
> > jaz33063

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP Photosmart C5280 Printer - Scanner - Copier
Well that's not a unique error and a quick google suggests HP are well aware
of this since there are several entries in their own forums.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...66536+28353475

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...readId=1150604

See if either of those help.
--

> I've tried all of your suggestions. I'm still getting the error message
> "hpqscnvw has stopped working".
> --
> jaz33063

harisn9000

Re: HP Photosmart C5280 Printer - Scanner - Copier

I wanted to post even though my printer is a differnt model. I've got a
customer who has about 5 of these printers by HP and many employees
running Vista Business. We got the printers installed and working and
over time, likely due to updates on either Microsoft's side or HP's
side, the scanning feature stopped working. The printer is supposed to
recognize the computer of which to scan and over the course of time,
many this last week, the computers are no longer being recognized by the
HP Printer. So we've tried to uninstalled the (Huge) HP driver and
utilities and then reinstall, but have frequent and different problems
reinstalling. Often times the HP Support Center fails to load or loads
as a blank screen, the computer cannot find any scanners or the driver
just fails during loading.

We've since learned that HP offers a full Removal Utility for various
models of these printers because they know they have issues with
uninstalling or rolling back the drivers.

So, we've even tried these utilities with not much better success. We
are a little more of a special case because we are running roaming
profiles on the users' machines so their "My Documents" are backed up on
the server. If we try to install these while logged into a domain
account, we often get an error similar to "My Documents contains an
invalid character". We've learned though our own troubleshooting that we
need to be logged into the computer under a local account to get the
driver to install, but even doing this, we run into installation errors
or errors not being able to scan. If anyone has any suggestions, please
feel free to post.

Good luck to all others!

--
harisn9000