Adding Network Printers to a client machine

JerryA

Adding Network Printers to a client machine
I am trying to give users the ability to add a network printer on Vista
Client with Windows 2003 server R2 without having to give them admin rights.
I have tried all kinds of suggestions but none completely allow the printer
to be installed. I have UAC off because it causes too many conflicts with
other programs. I can not give the user admin rights to the computer. I
have 500 laptops to implement this procedure on so I an automated solution
has to be the answer. Any input is appreciated.

thanks,
Jerry
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Adding Network Printers to a client machine
Change the Point and Print Restrictions policy on your domain.

Point and Print Security on Windows Vista

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...staPnPSec.mspx

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"JerryA" <JerryA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to give users the ability to add a network printer on Vista
> Client with Windows 2003 server R2 without having to give them admin
> rights.
> I have tried all kinds of suggestions but none completely allow the
> printer
> to be installed. I have UAC off because it causes too many conflicts with
> other programs. I can not give the user admin rights to the computer. I
> have 500 laptops to implement this procedure on so I an automated solution
> has to be the answer. Any input is appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> Jerry

JerryA

Re: Adding Network Printers to a client machine
Read the paper and made some changes but it still does not allow a regular
user to add the printer.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Change the Point and Print Restrictions policy on your domain.
>
> Point and Print Security on Windows Vista
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...staPnPSec.mspx
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "JerryA" <JerryA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to give users the ability to add a network printer on Vista
> > Client with Windows 2003 server R2 without having to give them admin
> > rights.
> > I have tried all kinds of suggestions but none completely allow the
> > printer
> > to be installed. I have UAC off because it causes too many conflicts with
> > other programs. I can not give the user admin rights to the computer. I
> > have 500 laptops to implement this procedure on so I an automated solution
> > has to be the answer. Any input is appreciated.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Jerry

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Adding Network Printers to a client machine
What errors or prompts are you getting?