Printing Properties

PhoenixBird

Printing Properties
My printer is shared on the wireless network through another computer. When
I click on Properties, the system seems to work for a few seconds and then a
window opens and closes before I can do anything. I am the sole user of this
computer and I have admin access.
PhoenixBird

RE: Printing Properties
My printer is a HP Deskjet 5550.

"PhoenixBird" wrote:

> My printer is shared on the wireless network through another computer. When
> I click on Properties, the system seems to work for a few seconds and then a
> window opens and closes before I can do anything. I am the sole user of this
> computer and I have admin access.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printing Properties
The print driver plugin module is Access Violating and terminating. Are
you using the HP Universal Driver?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"PhoenixBird" <PhoenixBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My printer is a HP Deskjet 5550.
>
> "PhoenixBird" wrote:
>
>> My printer is shared on the wireless network through another computer.
>> When
>> I click on Properties, the system seems to work for a few seconds and
>> then a
>> window opens and closes before I can do anything. I am the sole user of
>> this
>> computer and I have admin access.

PhoenixBird

Re: Printing Properties
I think so. I just let it install the driver automatically when I added it
over the network.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> The print driver plugin module is Access Violating and terminating. Are
> you using the HP Universal Driver?
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "PhoenixBird" <PhoenixBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My printer is a HP Deskjet 5550.
> >
> > "PhoenixBird" wrote:
> >
> >> My printer is shared on the wireless network through another computer.
> >> When
> >> I click on Properties, the system seems to work for a few seconds and
> >> then a
> >> window opens and closes before I can do anything. I am the sole user of
> >> this
> >> computer and I have admin access.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printing Properties
If you are using the HP Universal Print driver be sure to pick up the latest
version.

--

>I think so. I just let it install the driver automatically when I added it
> over the network.
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> The print driver plugin module is Access Violating and terminating. Are
>> you using the HP Universal Driver?
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team

>> rights.
>>
>> "PhoenixBird" <PhoenixBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My printer is a HP Deskjet 5550.

PhoenixBird

Re: Printing Properties
I went to the site and it just said to plug the printer in. Nothing about
updating drivers.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> If you are using the HP Universal Print driver be sure to pick up the latest
> version.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "PhoenixBird" <PhoenixBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I think so. I just let it install the driver automatically when I added it
> > over the network.
> >
> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> The print driver plugin module is Access Violating and terminating. Are
> >> you using the HP Universal Driver?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> >> rights.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printing Properties
Is the machine you connected to running the Vista driver that HP included in
the OS?

--

>I went to the site and it just said to plug the printer in. Nothing about
> updating drivers.
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> If you are using the HP Universal Print driver be sure to pick up the
>> latest
>> version.
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team

>> rights.
>>
>> "PhoenixBird" <PhoenixBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I think so. I just let it install the driver automatically when I added
>> >it
>> > over the network.

PhoenixBird

Re: Printing Properties
Probably not. It runs Window XP. I don't have access to that printer until
Thanksgiving so I can't test it out right now.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Is the machine you connected to running the Vista driver that HP included in
> the OS?
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "PhoenixBird" <PhoenixBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I went to the site and it just said to plug the printer in. Nothing about
> > updating drivers.
> >
> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> If you are using the HP Universal Print driver be sure to pick up the
> >> latest
> >> version.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> >> rights.

Rob

Re: Printing Properties
I am having exactly the same issue with a virtually identical setup. My main
PC is currently running XP Pro SP2 (will run the update to Vista Business x32
when I get round to it - lol, only got the upgrade CD about 6 months ago
now!) with the HP printer plugged into it and shared. I am trying to prit to
the HP printer wirelesly via my laptop running VIsta Home Premium but it will
not print and when I try and open printing preferences the screen just
flashes up and dissapears.

The wireless router is a Buffalo WHR-G54S if that helps.

I am currently bidding on a HP Jetdirect 175x so hopefully that may help.

Any help greatly appreciated

Rob

"PhoenixBird" wrote:

> Probably not. It runs Window XP. I don't have access to that printer until
> Thanksgiving so I can't test it out right now.
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Is the machine you connected to running the Vista driver that HP included in
> > the OS?
> >
> > --
> > Alan Morris
> > Windows Printing Team
> > Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> > "PhoenixBird" <PhoenixBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I went to the site and it just said to plug the printer in. Nothing about
> > > updating drivers.

Arjen Meijer

Re: Printing Properties
I found a solution on: