Lexmark 3350 Printer cannot install

The Belge

Lexmark 3350 Printer cannot install

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone had any success installing Lexmark 3300 series printers?

I have been at it for a few days going back and forth with tech support
and so far no luck.

I have tried a clean uninstall using their vista3300.exe utility,
installing under safe mode, reinstalling the drivers, installing the
drivers manually with add printers, and nothing has worked!!!

I don't think support is going to help me anymore and I absolutely have
no more ideas on how to make this work with Vista X64. So I want to
know if I am alone out there, or if anyone has had success installing
their Lexmark 3300 series printers...

Also what all in one printer is good, cheap, and works with Vista X64??

Thank you for your time.

- Jeremy

--
The Belge
Grumpy

RE: Lexmark 3350 Printer cannot install
Can't say much about the 3300 but had an issue with the x4550. Everything
worked great but would not scan to the Vista machines (home premium x32).
Went back and forth with Lexmark email support for about a week, might as
well been emailing myself. Finally turned Vista's UAC off and it all worked
fine.

Good luck

"The Belge" wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Has anyone had any success installing Lexmark 3300 series printers?
>
> I have been at it for a few days going back and forth with tech support
> and so far no luck.
>
> I have tried a clean uninstall using their vista3300.exe utility,
> installing under safe mode, reinstalling the drivers, installing the
> drivers manually with add printers, and nothing has worked!!!
>
> I don't think support is going to help me anymore and I absolutely have
> no more ideas on how to make this work with Vista X64. So I want to
> know if I am alone out there, or if anyone has had success installing
> their Lexmark 3300 series printers...
>
> Also what all in one printer is good, cheap, and works with Vista X64??
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> - Jeremy
>

> --
> The Belge

TheSecretary26

RE: Lexmark 3350 Printer cannot install
Jeremy,
I too have the same printer, same damn problems. I have spent a total of
over 15 hrs with Lexmark through the course of three days. They even went so
far as to "remote access" my computer THEMSELVES to try to fix the problem.
They sure fixed it, then once I shut down my system and restarted it the next
morning. . . . . nada, again. And I actually called them back, and the tech
told me I was SOL basically. It is believed by them that the cause of all
these problems with Vista (which I despise now) is the firewalls. Regardless
if its wireless or not, the firewalls keep interfering. I need help too.
But try to check out the firewalls. I tried many times, but maybe it will
work for you.

"The Belge" wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Has anyone had any success installing Lexmark 3300 series printers?
>
> I have been at it for a few days going back and forth with tech support
> and so far no luck.
>
> I have tried a clean uninstall using their vista3300.exe utility,
> installing under safe mode, reinstalling the drivers, installing the
> drivers manually with add printers, and nothing has worked!!!
>
> I don't think support is going to help me anymore and I absolutely have
> no more ideas on how to make this work with Vista X64. So I want to
> know if I am alone out there, or if anyone has had success installing
> their Lexmark 3300 series printers...
>
> Also what all in one printer is good, cheap, and works with Vista X64??
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> - Jeremy
>

> --
> The Belge

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Lexmark 3350 Printer cannot install
Which firewall application(s) are you running?
--
Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
http://www.coribright.com/windows