After an afternoon of trying to figure out what to do I thought I
would post what I found out.
I had a workgroup of four machines running Vista Business that needed
to print to an HP Laserjet 1018. I could not get any of them to print
once I had gone throught the system properties and allowed for print
sharing and made sure they where in the same workgroup.
I found a post by John Barnes at
But thought I would post again because it saved me a lot of time.
1. Add printer on local machine running Windows Vista
2. Go to Start
3. Go to Printers (if you have customized Start Menu to show this
4. Right click HP Laserjet 1018 and select Properties
5. Click on the Advance Tab
6. Select the Print Processor button
7. On the left hand side select ZIMFPrint
8. On the right hand side select RAW
9. Click Okay
10. This should do it.
11. Test print
Thank you John