fax and scan won't send attachments

morrigannihil

fax and scan won't send attachments
under vista, works fine if i lay the text out in the box provided, but when i
attempt to add attachments it hangs for a long time and then tells me it
can't attach the documents because they're in use by another programme. i've
checked, and the programme the docs are in use by are windows scan and fax -
doh!

any advice would be greatly appreciated. surely there must be a way of
faxing works spreadsheets under fax and scan.

regs

morrigan
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: fax and scan won't send attachments
Printing to the Fax printer is a far more reliable way to send documents. A
simple program like Works may not have a printto verb defined for its
documents in the operating system, so the fax service has no way of
rendering it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"morrigannihil" <morrigannihil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> under vista, works fine if i lay the text out in the box provided, but
> when i
> attempt to add attachments it hangs for a long time and then tells me it
> can't attach the documents because they're in use by another programme.
> i've
> checked, and the programme the docs are in use by are windows scan and
> fax -
> doh!
>
> any advice would be greatly appreciated. surely there must be a way of
> faxing works spreadsheets under fax and scan.
>
> regs
>
> morrigan

morrigannihil

Re: fax and scan won't send attachments
ok, i think i understand what you're saying, but what if you want to send
more than one document under cover of the same fax?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Printing to the Fax printer is a far more reliable way to send documents. A
> simple program like Works may not have a printto verb defined for its
> documents in the operating system, so the fax service has no way of
> rendering it.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "morrigannihil" <morrigannihil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > under vista, works fine if i lay the text out in the box provided, but
> > when i
> > attempt to add attachments it hangs for a long time and then tells me it
> > can't attach the documents because they're in use by another programme.
> > i've
> > checked, and the programme the docs are in use by are windows scan and
> > fax -
> > doh!
> >
> > any advice would be greatly appreciated. surely there must be a way of
> > faxing works spreadsheets under fax and scan.
> >
> > regs
> >
> > morrigan

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: fax and scan won't send attachments
Can't be done if there is no printto verb defined for the file type.