Help to delete a document in print queue

Mario

Help to delete a document in print queue
Hi,
I have a HP psc 2200 all in one printer and have tried to delete a document
in the print queue and will not delete and will not allow me to print
anything until this has been deleted?

I have tried to delete printer but will not delete?

I am running Vista home premium

Any ideas would be great

Mario
Malke

Re: Help to delete a document in print queue
Mario wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a HP psc 2200 all in one printer and have tried to delete a document
> in the print queue and will not delete and will not allow me to print
> anything until this has been deleted?
>
> I have tried to delete printer but will not delete?
>
> I am running Vista home premium
>
> Any ideas would be great
>
> Mario

At the Start Orb in the "search" box type:

cmd [enter]

You wil see cmd appear above. Right-click it and "run as Administrator".
This will give you an elevated command prompt. Type:

net stop spooler [enter]

You should get a confirmation that the print spooler is stopping. Leave
the command prompt available (don't close it out) and now you should be
able to open the Properties for that printer and delete any pending
documents. Once the documents are deleted, you can remove the printer.
Always check in the Programs & Features Control Panel applet first to
see if there is any software connected with that printer you need to
uninstall first. If not, then right-clicking on the printer in the
Printers applet should allow you to delete it.

Once you have finished with that printer, go back to the cmd prompt and
type:

net start spooler [enter]

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
nweissma

RE: Help to delete a document in print queue
one answer, for me anyway, is Control Panel | Printers | (click the printer
icon to highlight it) | horizontal ribbon menu, along the top, includes the
button "see what's printing" -- click this and delete the print job

second answer is that the printer's driver may include this option: right-
(or left-) click the printer's icon in the notification tray. the queue
listing may be there.

--
32-Vista Home Premium
Intel DG965RY Motherboard

"Mario" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a HP psc 2200 all in one printer and have tried to delete a document
> in the print queue and will not delete and will not allow me to print
> anything until this has been deleted?
>
> I have tried to delete printer but will not delete?
>
> I am running Vista home premium
>
> Any ideas would be great
>
> Mario

PosterInNews

Re: Help to delete a document in print queue
Have you tried to stop the spooler service in services?

Option 1)
Click on start orb
Type in search window:
services.msc
click ok
Scroll down to Print spooler service and click on it in the right side
window.
On the left side click stop the service and wait forthe process to
stop
Do not close the window yet. You will have to restart it here later.
next delete the print job in the printer queue
then restart the spooler service
Resubmit your new print job.

Option 2)
If that doesn't clear it, the next step would be to stop the spooler
service as stated above
Go into windows explorer
(Print job data is collected and stored in a spool file in the spooler
folder.)

It is located in:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS

Your print job will show 2 files there Example below:
00002.SHD
00002.SPL

Delete the files located in there. There may be several of them
depending apon how many print jobs you submitted. You will have to
resubmit your print jobs all over again.
Next go back to services window and restart the spooler service

That will definitely fix it.

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 05:04:00 -0700, Mario
<Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a HP psc 2200 all in one printer and have tried to delete a document
>in the print queue and will not delete and will not allow me to print
>anything until this has been deleted?
>
>I have tried to delete printer but will not delete?
>
>I am running Vista home premium
>
>Any ideas would be great
>
>Mario

DBP

Re: Help to delete a document in print queue

If you're still active "poster in news", thanks so much. I did a google
search, your answer was first, your second solution was successful and
you solved my problem. Life is good!

--
DBP
DBP's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/134452.htm