HP 7410xi "Printer not activated" error code -20

Dee

HP 7410xi "Printer not activated" error code -20
I've had problems with my HP 7410xi being recognized by my computer for
weeks. I've sent emails to Microsoft with no response and HP told me to
contact Microsoft because it is an IE-7 issue. I completed a defrag and
immediatedly started having problems. At first, I had problems with any kind
of update installing. The Microsoft Windows updates would download, but
would never install. The HP updates would never install. It has spooled
sometimes and printed blank pages with C Drive files listed on the bottom.
At other times, nothing happens when I print.
I have XP SP2 Home Version and uninstalled the HP printer to all 4 levels.
I've re-installed the software several times. We have 3 other computers on
our home network and they don't have any problems printing to the HP Network
Printer. I've had the McAffe firewall and virus protection disabled. A new
error has now started popping up, "Printer not Activated" Error Code -20. Do
you have any suggestions? Thank you.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP 7410xi "Printer not activated" error code -20
This is the Newsgroup for issues with Vista and Printers.... you appear to
be using XP.

The other issue you appear to be having is with IE7... HP has an update for
the HP Director software which has a known issue with IE7.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00802504

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've had problems with my HP 7410xi being recognized by my computer for
> weeks. I've sent emails to Microsoft with no response and HP told me to
> contact Microsoft because it is an IE-7 issue. I completed a defrag and
> immediatedly started having problems. At first, I had problems with any
> kind
> of update installing. The Microsoft Windows updates would download, but
> would never install. The HP updates would never install. It has spooled
> sometimes and printed blank pages with C Drive files listed on the bottom.
> At other times, nothing happens when I print.
> I have XP SP2 Home Version and uninstalled the HP printer to all 4 levels.
> I've re-installed the software several times. We have 3 other computers
> on
> our home network and they don't have any problems printing to the HP
> Network
> Printer. I've had the McAffe firewall and virus protection disabled. A
> new
> error has now started popping up, "Printer not Activated" Error Code -20.
> Do
> you have any suggestions? Thank you.

jsvarga88