Working Flatbed Scanners

Glen

Working Flatbed Scanners
Has anyone been successful in getting a flatbed scanner to work correctly
with Vist Home Premium??
I have a Artec 1236USB, which is entirely powerd by USB. It has worked well
with All versions of Windows up and through XP but it will nit install with
Vista.
If I have to get a new scanner, are there any that work with Vista?? If so
please let me know the brand & Model No..
I apprecite any advice.
Glen

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Working Flatbed Scanners
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:54:38 -0400, "Glen" <gscanlon@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Has anyone been successful in getting a flatbed scanner to work correctly
> with Vist Home Premium??
> I have a Artec 1236USB, which is entirely powerd by USB. It has worked well
> with All versions of Windows up and through XP but it will nit install with
> Vista.
> If I have to get a new scanner, are there any that work with Vista?? If so
> please let me know the brand & Model No..

Sure. I don't have enormous experience with many brands and models,
but I can report that my Canon Lide60works just fine under Vista, and
I'm very happy with it.

I run Vista Ultimate, not Home Premium, but there's no reason why that
should make any difference.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Working Flatbed Scanners
Any current Canon model should work just fine.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Glen" <gscanlon@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone been successful in getting a flatbed scanner to work correctly
> with Vist Home Premium??
> I have a Artec 1236USB, which is entirely powerd by USB. It has worked
> well with All versions of Windows up and through XP but it will nit
> install with Vista.
> If I have to get a new scanner, are there any that work with Vista?? If so
> please let me know the brand & Model No..
> I apprecite any advice.
> Glen

Bill Leary

Re: Working Flatbed Scanners
"Glen" <gscanlon@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone been successful in getting a flatbed scanner to work correctly
> with Vist Home Premium??
> I have a Artec 1236USB, which is entirely powerd by USB. It has worked
> well with All versions of Windows up and through XP but it will nit
> install with Vista.
> If I have to get a new scanner, are there any that work with Vista?? If so
> please let me know the brand & Model No..
> I apprecite any advice.

I'm running a Canon "CanoScan LIDE 70" with Vista Ultimate. All power is
via the USB cable.

- Bill

Glen

Re: Working Flatbed Scanners
Thanks--no luck w/Artec so I just bought a Canon CanoScan LIDE 90 (new
model) and it works fine. Had another recommendation for a CanoScan LIDE
earlier also. Thx for response.
Glen

"Bill Leary" <Bill_Leary@msn.com> wrote in message
> "Glen" <gscanlon@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone been successful in getting a flatbed scanner to work correctly
>> with Vist Home Premium??
>> I have a Artec 1236USB, which is entirely powerd by USB. It has worked
>> well with All versions of Windows up and through XP but it will nit
>> install with Vista.
>> If I have to get a new scanner, are there any that work with Vista?? If
>> so please let me know the brand & Model No..
>> I apprecite any advice.

> I'm running a Canon "CanoScan LIDE 70" with Vista Ultimate. All power is
> via the USB cable.
>
> - Bill

WRM

Re: Working Flatbed Scanners
HP C6180 works very well on my Vista Home Premium and it's a combo unit