Add new printer does not complete

Denny

Add new printer does not complete
I receive the message
"default printer can't be set". I am trying to add an HP Laserjet 4000
connected to an HP Jet Direct 300x using IP address to select printer in
Vista (Business). I can print a test page after printer is created but can't
set it as default.

Denny
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Add new printer does not complete
make sure this registry key exists and you can add a vlaue

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Denny" <Denny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I receive the message
> "default printer can't be set". I am trying to add an HP Laserjet 4000
> connected to an HP Jet Direct 300x using IP address to select printer in
> Vista (Business). I can print a test page after printer is created but
> can't
> set it as default.
>

> Denny

Denny

Re: Add new printer does not complete
That was my exact problem. I recreated the KEY and it works as normal.
Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work.
--
Denny