Vista cannot connect to XP printers

Al Du no

Vista cannot connect to XP printers
I had a network with two PC's and a laptop, running XP. No problems sharing
files or printers. I got a laptop, running Vista, put it in the network. Same
workgroup. Can share files between PC's and laptops. Cannot add the XP
printers on the Vista laptop, keep getting " Windows cannot connect to the
printer. Access is denied. ". Can add printer directly to the Vista laptop
and the PC's and the other laptop can share that printer. WHATS UP DOC?
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Vista cannot connect to XP printers
start here

Vista network configuration

Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Al Du no" <AlDuno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news0299C56-12D6-4DC7-ADEC-CF65E40B4094@microsoft.com...
>I had a network with two PC's and a laptop, running XP. No problems sharing
> files or printers. I got a laptop, running Vista, put it in the network.
> Same
> workgroup. Can share files between PC's and laptops. Cannot add the XP
> printers on the Vista laptop, keep getting " Windows cannot connect to the
> printer. Access is denied. ". Can add printer directly to the Vista laptop
> and the PC's and the other laptop can share that printer. WHATS UP DOC?

mksecord@gmail.com

Re: Vista cannot connect to XP printers
On Sep 11, 6:14 pm, "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <ala...@online.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> start here
>
> Vista network configuration

> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team
> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> "Al Du no" <AlD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews0299C56-12D6-4DC7-ADEC-CF65E40B4094@microsoft.com...
>

> >I had a network with two PC's and a laptop, running XP. No problems sharing
> > files or printers. I got a laptop, running Vista, put it in the network.
> > Same
> > workgroup. Can share files between PC's and laptops. Cannot add the XP
> > printers on the Vista laptop, keep getting " Windows cannot connect to the
> > printer. Access is denied. ". Can add printer directly to the Vista laptop
> > and the PC's and the other laptop can share that printer. WHATS UP DOC?- Hide quoted text -

Totally useless. As per usual, Microsoft expects the world to test
their stuff for them, and then spend years searching through endless
non-helpful and useless support documents, and then suprise everyone
with fix in a Service Pack.

guydel

RE: Vista cannot connect to XP printers
Had the same problem. Mine was Norton Securaty Firewall; disable the Noton
Firewall or in your perhaps another Firewall, enable window Firewall thengo
through the file and printer sharing procedure. Worked for me

"Al Du no" wrote:

> I had a network with two PC's and a laptop, running XP. No problems sharing
> files or printers. I got a laptop, running Vista, put it in the network. Same
> workgroup. Can share files between PC's and laptops. Cannot add the XP
> printers on the Vista laptop, keep getting " Windows cannot connect to the
> printer. Access is denied. ". Can add printer directly to the Vista laptop
> and the PC's and the other laptop can share that printer. WHATS UP DOC?

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Vista cannot connect to XP printers
It's a place to start.

Did you disable the Norton Firewall successfully as the other person
suggested?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team