Lexmark 1270 problems

neversez

Lexmark 1270 problems
I have an Acer TravelMate 4200 with Windows Vista and a Lexmark 1270 (printer
scanner copier). I have downloaded the drivers for it from the lexmark
website but everytime i plug in the usb cable to use it it tries to download
the drivers for xp etc. And wont let me use the printer. keeps saying problem
communicating with printer. Does anyone know how i can stop it downloading
the other drivers?
--
Sez
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Lexmark 1270 problems
You need to install the Lexmark software before you connect the printer to
the notebook.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"neversez" <neversez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news898A246-EFBE-435E-9DF3-676B5669386D@microsoft.com...
>I have an Acer TravelMate 4200 with Windows Vista and a Lexmark 1270
>(printer
> scanner copier). I have downloaded the drivers for it from the lexmark
> website but everytime i plug in the usb cable to use it it tries to
> download
> the drivers for xp etc. And wont let me use the printer. keeps saying
> problem
> communicating with printer. Does anyone know how i can stop it
> downloading
> the other drivers?
> --
> Sez

neversez

Re: Lexmark 1270 problems
I already have installed the software . i have used the printer already but
cannot get it to print anything now. the scanner part work but the computer
always says cannot communicate with the printer. everytime we plug it in it
tries to reinstall the drivers for xp/2000 etc.
--
Sez

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> You need to install the Lexmark software before you connect the printer to
> the notebook.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "neversez" <neversez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news898A246-EFBE-435E-9DF3-676B5669386D@microsoft.com...
> >I have an Acer TravelMate 4200 with Windows Vista and a Lexmark 1270
> >(printer
> > scanner copier). I have downloaded the drivers for it from the lexmark
> > website but everytime i plug in the usb cable to use it it tries to
> > download
> > the drivers for xp etc. And wont let me use the printer. keeps saying
> > problem
> > communicating with printer. Does anyone know how i can stop it
> > downloading
> > the other drivers?
> > --
> > Sez

Cal Bear '66

Re: Lexmark 1270 problems
You could try this:

Locate the file INFCACHE.1 in C:\Windows\inf

Right click on the INFCACHE.1 file, select Properties >Security > Edit, and give
your account full control.

Delete INFCACHE.1, or rename it to INFCACHE.1.BAK or temporarily move to your
desktop.

REBOOT

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!